[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a girl from Germany who will visit he states this summer,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: sadpokemon.jpg (28 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sadpokemon.jpg
28 KB, 1280x720
I am a girl from Germany who will visit he states this summer, the country where my male online friend lives in. Known him for 2.5 years and have video skyped with him. I want to meet him irl for the first time when we are there, but he doesn't seem to want to meet me. The reasons? He thinks his family members will distrust me a lot because we met online and he doesn't want people to think that he was online dating me.

He is an 18-year-old who just graduated from high school when I will turn 20 soon. He doesn't seem to want to meet me (although he said he will "try his best" to get things sorted out). I feel really disappointed - I can't help but think I value this friendship much more than he does. I be like flying to another continent which happens to be his homeland and he be like "we're not meeting as my family members will distrust you".

What should I do about this situation and how to feel better about this?
>inb4 you were catfished
>>
Komme bei California fraulein ;)
>>
>>17232795
My friend lives in New York and I will only visit the East coast
>>
I... Wow, girl, I'm sorry you gotta go through this. He's probably just immature and really afraid about what his family will think. Maybe he hasn't told them anything about you, and if he did it would be a big shocker.

>Uh, mom, dad, I gotta tell you, I've had a friend in Germany for over 2 years and she wants to come visit me

Tell him to tell his parents you exist first, THEN let him tell them you're going over.
>>
>>17232795
du Fotze
>>
>>17232784
Dear OP

He's a child. 18. Hell, you're still young yourself. You don't need to be flying across the sea to visit him.

You have more important things to take care of and you known it.
>>
>>17232814
He only told his older brother about me. When we first met, he mentioned how he met a cool girl online but that was it.
His parents do not know about me. Sometimes he will practice German with me when skyping in his room and his mother once overheard our conversation. She could probably figure out that he has some German online friends (there aren't any Germans in his suburb). She was perfectly ok with him practicing languages.
>>17232837
I'm not flying there just to visit him. I am visiting the states for an exchange program.
>>
>>17232853
>He only told his older brother about me. When we first met, he mentioned how he met a cool girl online but that was it.
See? It's what I'm saying, he's probably too nervous about his parent's judgement.
>>
>>17232865
>he's probably too nervous about his parent's judgement
I agree. He even mentioned how his mother met an online friend from another state once. He said everyone else in the family distrusted him (ok his parents separated), and he said his parents and brother would react in a similar manner if he mentions me.
I don't think I can ever convince him to meet me. I am so disappointed. Should I just distance myself away from him? I feel so let down.
>>
You stupid Madchen.

There are hundreds of German boys who want to be your boyfriend. Why are you wasting time with this stupid NEET American? The American doesn't even like you
>>
>>17232911
We are not in a long distance relationship. We are meeting as friends and both of us know that
>>
>>17232784
>18
Are you fucking serious? you know this won't last long, this dude is 18 a kid.
>>
>>17232924
>you know this won't last long
Last long as in friendship or what?
>>
>>17232784
Honestly, if I had an international friend visiting (who I met online), by biggest worry would be that my family might disapprove because "oh the internet is dangerous and anyone you speak to is both a rapist and a murderer, not to mention a catfish". That's not something they've said, but it's the mentality I'd expect of them.

My advice? Meet him without them knowing, then once you've spent some time together he can reveal you. It is easier to ask forgiveness than to gain permission, as they say.
>>
>>17233329
>Meet him without them knowing, then once you've spent some time together he can reveal you
He cannot, as he lives in a remote-osh region and he never goes to the tourst areas of his province with his friends.
Seriously, he doesn't even appear to want to meet me. Should I reconsider our friendship?
>>
>>17233335
Just keep it online. It will water down anyway
Instead want to meet me? I live in the Netherlands and am 30.
>>
>>17232784
>online dating
Is this even possible? At what point do people wake up and smell it?
>>
>>17232917
There we go.... He wants to fuck you
Offer him a bj and he wants to meet

Wie kann man das nicht kapieren? Woher aus Deutschland? Wenn aus München Blas mir auch einen
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.