[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't know how to help brother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: faerietongue.jpg (167 KB, 900x508) Image search: [Google]
faerietongue.jpg
167 KB, 900x508
He's a complete mess, and has been for a while. Very bad alcoholic. At his worst when he was living with us he drank a 5th of cheap, nasty vodka every single day. Then he went to rehab and has hated us ever since. No idea how much he's drinking now, but after getting back from rehab he managed to break two separate gas stoves here without even living here. The first time he was coming down from meth and was mad at me so he threw a chair. Second time he was over here with his gf while I was in class. His gf calls me crying and I left my lab early to go over there, and the cops were waiting. Neighbors called I guess and there was broken glass and a huge mess.

One night he showed up cut and bleeding all over and I had to take him to the ER. His gf stabbed him and he made me drive by their place to see if she slashed their tires like she said she was going to. It was horrible.

Then he lets us know a few months later that he needed surgery because he "cut himself picking up broken glass". Turns out a tendon in his wrist was cut and he now has permanent nerve damage in his dominant hand. I bet she stabbed him again but we'll probably never know.

His gf is just as bad, if not worse. She's a crazy fucking bitch and they hoard animals while chainsmoking in their tiny apartment. Air quality is terrible and I feel so bad for their several cats and dogs.

Neither of them can keep a job, and I have no idea how they're managing to pay rent or anything. He won't listen when we try to talk to him about any of this. He's on this awful spiral of self-destruction and his gf just feeds into it. From the way he looks I'm pretty sure he's back to using meth and I know he's drinking a lot still.

It hurts. Hurts me, hurts my parents. Hurts him of course. We don't know what to do. We want the best for him but there seems like no way to get him to listen to any semblance of reason.
>>
I check the newspaper everyday to see if he's been arrested recently (already has 2 DUIs) and worry about him dying.
>>
realizing now that the image i picked is not really appropriate for thread. just picked one at random :/

does anyone have advice for me?
>>
is it not possible to bump your own threads now?
>>
>>17232585
Bumping for you, friend.
>>
>>17232740
thanks. bumping again. should probably sleep soon.

maybe tomorrow there will be more replies.
>>
The hard truth:

There's nothing you can do to change his situation.

He's either going to get his shit together, or be dead in a ditch OD'd.

The only thing you can do for him is to get on with your life and become someone reliable, so that if he ever does decide he wants to turn his life around, you'll have the resources/freedom to help out.
>>
>>17233029
Yep. I can confirm. Though I got my shit together after my first DUI. That was my wake-up call. Been sober ever since. Almost a year now. I went to a lot of meetings at first, but now I just go whenever I feel the urge to drink, which is surprisingly rare.
>>
>>17233029
That's exactly what I didn't want to hear, though I kind of expected it. It's just so painful for my family and I to watch this mess unfold. I'm pretty sure he's going to be dead before he turns 30, and that's just tragic :(

>>17233237
It's great you've turned your life around. I'm really hoping he does too, but if getting stabbed by your crazy bitch gf and suffering permanent nerve damage doesn't do it then what will? :(

I took him to one AA meeting after his second DUI. It was the only one he attended and then he went to rehab which met all the legal requirements for his DUI so he's not being forced to do anymore of that, undortunately :(
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.