[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can living in a state make you happy or depressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 595x793) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 595x793
Let's say, Nebraska (most consider undesirable) vs California (one of the top desirable places to live)

Can living in a state actually make a person happier or depressed/more depressed?
>>
eh different stuff can be depressing so I would say yes it can depend upon the state your living in.
>>
>>17232519
I live in California I FUCKING hate this state and the fucking libs and minorities in it. San Fran is a shitty meme city and I won't even go on about LA. Also the LAWS ARE FUCKING HORSESHIT.

Can't wait to get out of this state
>>
Not sure about Ca, but Florida is one of the best places to live. It only has two downsides:

1. Extreme heat during the summer for about 4.5 months, which is better than extreme cold other states have for 6.5 months, like the state that you mentioned, Nebraska... Fuck that.

2. Tougher to get a job, depending on which area of Florida you are in, so choose wisely. Don't just move to a random city or suburb without doing some trusty research.

If you're miserable in Florida, you're just a miserable person and that ain't gonna change by moving to California or Texas. Source: Been living in northern Florida for several years.
>>
>>17232553
Lol minorities? I hate the wave of gentrification and entitled millennials. I hate the inflated rent, shit jobs (not for me, but for everyone in general), shit traffic to drive far for work/home. I live in LA and I hate it, fuckin' out of state people adopting it and literally morphing the city to their liking.
>>
No, if you aren't content with where you are, you won't be content with where you move to. I've seen it happen countless times. You'll just carry that inner despair and longing for the "other" with you where ever you go. People from rich families in California want to live in small towns in Michigan and people from small towns in Michigan want to live in rich families in California.
>>
>>17232575
Living there probably sucks, but do you think it's a fun place to vacation? We're having a company vacation... I'd rather go somewhere else but they decided
>>
>>17232575
Would you rather live in Alaska?

The weather is one of the best reasons to live in California. Honestly, can't see how people woukd ever move from a warm state to a cold state unless it was job related and that job paid really, REALLY good.
>>
>>17232588
Yeah! I know some idiot that was miserable in his hometown (Long island) so he moved to Los Angeles, hated it, broke up with his gf, hated his job, and thought moving BACK to Long Island was ideal for him to be happier or at least less miserable.

5 months later- oh, he's still miserable.

Depression is a state of mind, folks.
>>
>>17232603
I always lol @ people who think moving to a diff state is going to make them happier if their default mode leans towards being a naturally depressed person.

I also lol @ people who move back because they weren't "happy"...

It's funny to laugh at other peoples stupidity.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.