[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Commercial Space Operations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: cso.jpg (562 KB, 1772x997) Image search: [Google]
cso.jpg
562 KB, 1772x997
Serious life question.

So I've been looking at getting a degree in Commercial Space Operations and transferring from my school to Embry Riddle for it.

Is this something worth getting? I know that commercial space is booming and I do have a great interest in it.

Would this be a good way to get into commercial space exploration?
>>
>>17232445
Check out the Air Force's space operations job. Pretty much guaranteed to get a job in the private sector or a cushy government job because of the work experience and Top Secret clearance.
>>
>>17232445

I live near JSC and while I don't work for a JSC or related contract (or sub-contract) I know many people who do. You could easily get in around here with a degree like that - Jacobs, SpaceX, Boeing, USA, Lockheed to name some big ones and then many, many small businesses. Double that up with Aero/Mech engineering and you have it made.
>>
>>17232458
>>17232485

I don't know about the military route, I have an apointment with a shrink soon about depression stuff. I think I'm depressed but it might be a result of me staying at the current school I'm in.

Also, I cannot transfer until this winter and I will be a junior. I'm majoring in philosophy (focus on logic) and I'm going to start a math and public administration double major this upcoming year.

If I transfer, I probably will have to spend an extra year or two in school to pick up mech engineering.
>>
>>17232485

I was also thinking about starting my own company after graduating but I don't know if that would be feasible.
>>
Shameless self bump for more input
>>
>>17232445
>Commercial Space Operations
looks like a bullshit degree to me. STEM or go home, seriously.
Go ahead and search for a job, anything, use google or monster, any reputable job search website. Do you see any posting for the degree you are about to get in to ? What if you fail to land a job out of college, you will have to use these job searching websites to get a job. I am 100% sure that you are able to get in to the working field with a STEM degree... Do more research OP selecting a degree is a big thing and having to change it surely is a rock inside your eye. I ended up going for CE but my love is in EE, Junior now and it is not a good idea to change now.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.