[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm "boring" on dates? How to fix this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ad.jpg (102 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
102 KB, 1024x682
I'll try to keep this brief. I'm a good enough looking guy. I'm conversational. I'm funny in most mediums.That typically gets me a few dates here and there, women asking me more than vice versa.

But it seems after the first, second date if I'm lucky, they lose interest. I can talk about things, but it always seems like they either don't know what to talk about, or I don't know what. I can lead a conversation just fine, but I have a hard time getting them into it.
I ask them about themselves, they can talk for hours and I can keep it going easily.

They ask about me, and I think it bores them. I try to keep it short, so I'm not dragging along a runon sentence for 10 minutes about how I like something, but they don't ask anything more. It's like 4/5 of the conversation is us talking about her. She'll say something about herself, and I'll tangent off into something relating to it, continuing the conversation.

She'll ask about me. I'll tell her, and the most response I get is "Oh", "Cool", and one word responses of that sort. First few women I had this issue with were shy, but I'm noticing even with outgoing women it's like they don't give a shit.

>Odds are, am I just boring, or am I just coincidentally going on dates with women that either only like to talk about themselves, or have no idea how to carry a conversation?
>>
I'll be honest here. I always have plenty to talk about myself in dates but in the end I always end up talking about her instead all evening. It doesn't matter that I got my engineering degree at the age of 20 while working at an awesome industry with multiple hobbies that I still managed to find time for during the weekends, all while eating healthy and working out, and am now starting my masters degree in an awesome field. I don't think a woman has ever asked what field I'm getting the masters in, either. I always end up talking about shopping and parents and what they like to do and etc etc.

Most women are boring, anon. It's probably not you.

Do try to keep the conversation engaging while they're too busy talking about themselves, though, or it will seem like you're not interested (because you're not, but let's pretend, eh?).
>>
File: tumblr_lu4vf4Ypk91r5r5ybo1_500.jpg (48 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lu4vf4Ypk91r5r5ybo1_500.jpg
48 KB, 500x333
>>17232035
the problem isn't that your life is boring, it's that you make your life sound boring

you should change up on how you go on a date a little, make each date more interesting, unique, different, memorable.

give her a good time, that will help

black raptor out!
>>
Just let them talk about themselves and ask good questions/tell jokes when appropriate.

I never volunteer shit about myself unless it's directly related to what they're talking about or they ask.
>>
>>17232035
A simple question: what sort of dates do you go on? What do you do? Where do you go? Some dates are better for conversation than others.
>>
>>17232123
I've asked women on more unconventional date ideas (I honestly hate the idea of dinner and a movie) but usually they don't go for it. I've asked before "Well, what do you think." to the response of "I let the guy decide"

>I'll let you decide
>Turns down my decision
>>
People like to talk about themselves. Look at >>17232059 - he says all women want to talk about themselves, when all he seems to want to do is talking about himself. People are conceited.
>>
>>17232164
Yes but how would you get ANYTHING out of a date if you leave knowing all you did was talk about yourself? I'd imagine you'd want to know a bit about the guy you're ON THE DATE WITH.
>>
>>17232181
They don't care. Job, age and where you live is more than enough for most dates in my experience. Sometimes, not even that.
>>
>>17232181
I'm assuming you're the anon I referenced? People like talking about things that they can relate to. Chances are, no one's going to care about what you're doing your masters in unless they're also doing a masters or are working or studying in the same field. My SO works for a bank, and I simply don't care when they talk about the finer details of finance because it's not something that interests me and I have nothing to add to the conversation.

If you want to talk about yourself, make it something that you can actually make a conversation out of. You know the way girls talk about shopping and you find it boring because you just don't care? That's how they feel about your engineering degree and your masters.
>>
>>17232200
Actually I'm OP
>>
>>17232225
Doesn't really make much of a difference anyway, he provides a pretty good illustration of the point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>17232144
Lol, that's my favorite. Like on pof's 'first date' section, it's always, "something exciting". As if I'm going have some stupid game step up at a park like I'm on a dating show.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.