[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I'm too tall. i'm a girl, 5'5"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1
File: untitled.png (73 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
73 KB, 284x177
I feel like I'm too tall. i'm a girl, 5'5" and I feel taller than most girls. it sucks, especially because I get the vibe that my boyfriend has a fetish or something for really short girls, like 5'3" and under. my idea height is like 5-5'3".

when I was younger, I was the shortest in class like in middle school and high school. I wished to be taller because that's how models are, and I wanted to be like them. now I hate my height. I'm know I'm not an awkward girl height, but it still bothers me, eseially since I feel like a lot of girls/guys are shorter these days... like I'm the same height as my boyfriends best friend.

also, I LOVE heels to pieces, but I never ever wear them because when I do i'm like 5'8". and then I'm taller than A LOT Of people.

help? :( do all guys only like really short girls mostly? like I know other girls of different heights can be a attractive, but I get really jealous around short girls even if theyre uglier than me. like my boyfriends best friend is dating a girl who's like 5'2" or so and her face isn't pretty but I hate when she talks to my boyfriend/is too friendly with him because I'm jealous of her height..

help meeeeeeee =[ should I find a different boyfriend? I know mine is attracted towards me, but I feel like I'm too tall for his ideal preferences and id be more comfortable with another dude who preferred my height girls..and my bf is like 5'11" or something (I think hes like 5'10" but he says 5'11")

help me:(((((((
>>
There are plenty of guys who like short girls and plenty of guys who like taller girls.

> I get the vibe that my boyfriend has a fetish or something for really short girls
> I feel like I'm too tall for his ideal preferences

As long as you don't know, and only have a vibe or a feeling, you're worrying yourself sick. If it bothers you this much and you love him enough you'll bring it up. Otherwise you're making yourself worry with this thought of him not liking your height.
>>
>>17232001

I mean... I just like know. I can tell. and all of his past girls have been REALLLY short.. like 5 feet. and I can see how he acts towards/around shorter girls, like I can tell hes attracted to them.

he said i'm the perfect height to me many times, but I just felt like he was kinda saying that.

like I feel like he likes everything about me except my height, but I don't think he finds me as too tall to not be with like as a dealbreaker, I think he just prefers shorter girls. kinda like being in a relationship with a blonde when you prefer brunettes sorta thing, you know?

but I'm also self conscious about it... and also maybe I'm prokecting because I feel like my bf isn't tall enough?? like I feel like for my height, I need someone who is ike 6'3" jus tbecause if I wear heels, I'm like 2 inches taller than my boyfriend and its SOO WEIRD I don't like it, so I cant even wear heels and I love heels...
>>
You're the average height of an American female. Is your guy short? Maybe he's insecure about his own height because being short usually make men feel less masculine. Short girls have short stubby legs and arms. Men love long legs. The few I've known to care much about a girl's height were insecure they were short. If that's the case, don't let HIS insecurity become yours
>>
>>17232013

sorry 2 inches shorter than him not taller**
>>
Sounds like he just feels more confident around them because it makes him feel taller than he is. Once again, don't let his inadequacy become something that makes you hate yourself. You're normal height. He's the one who's not
>>
>>17232018

true... I don't think girls that are like under my height, five feet and whatever have really attractive bodies. like you said they have short legs and stubby features, and they usually have like boxy figures (not an hour glass shape) and are heavier.. because theyre so short so if they eat as much as a normal height person, it makes them fatter. and they probably are more prone to get fat and stuff..

and idk.. he says he's 5'11". i think hes between 5'10 and 5'11". hes not really short, but hes not really super tall. i kinda like guys that are around 6'3".
>>
>>17232031
truuuuee... i guess when I'm around taller guys it makes me feel more confidant because i appear shorter than them.

yeah like idkkkkk, should i date a taller guy? and let my bf find a midget
>>
>>17232031

and its weird bc ive had short guys into me (like a guy my exact height, and a guy only 2 or 3 inches taller) and they never made comments or made me feel like I'm too tall or seem like they are more interested in girls shorter than me, so that part i don't get! because my bf and i still have like a 5-6 inch height difference
>>
oh and i think i get this vibe also because hes made weird comments sometimes like i met his cousins onceand i was talking about them and i said oh the tall one and hes like "none of my cousins are tall. they are all a lot shorter than you" or i was talking about my mom and I'm like yeah shes like 5 feet and hes like "oh i didn't realize ur mom was short" and he says stuff like that, that makes me feel like I'm really tall =/
>>
>>17232053
and also I'm pretty sure they wer elike the same height as me, altho i cant remember.......
>>
>>17232037
If it really bothers you. 5'5" is perfect height for a girl. Long legs and the shape it gives looks much more appealing than short and stubby. I don't think its that he necessarily likes shorter girls, just that he feels more masculine and confident. And if you feel more feminine and small with a taller guy, that's totally normal. That's why the saying is "TALL, dark, and handsome". Your feelings are normal and since he's the guy its really kinda more on him to worry about height. Not your problem
>>
>>17232060

yeah i definitely agree that body shapes and what not on girls around my height is more attractive.

and before my boyfriend/if we weren't together, i'd probably love my height. like its a height to hhave a nice shaped body, long legs, not stubby, and etc. like for short girls its hard not to be chubby/stubby. i guess people just find it cuter tho. so idk i guess he makes me insecure about it =|
>>
>>17232031
What? In the United States average height.

>>17232053
>>17232037
Honestly it sounds like you're looking for a way out. If you want to break up with him, do it. If you want to try to save this relationship, talk to him about everything you're talking about here.
>>
Maybe let him know that you love him even though he's not super tall. Guys with insecurities always try to make the girls feel like there's something wrong with them when really there's not. Maybe he's insecure thinking you like tall guys and its totally reversed in his head...who knows..but trust me, short girls hate being short. You definitely don't want that lol
>>
>>17232084

idk for some reason i feel taller than most girls!!!!! idk why, if its just the people I'm around, or if i just feel like that and I'm actually not. at my last job, i told my coworker oh I'm tall I'm like 5'5" and she laughed at me and said haha you are not even 5'5".. she was 5'3" and we were the same height. :|

and nah I'm not really gonna break up with him because of it. that would be kinda ridiculous. i just wonder what it would be like with a taller guy and maybe he desires a shorter girl
>>
>>17232092
yeah that's true i guess.

i think guys make a girl feel insecure if theyre insecure or think she could do better, like to make her feel like shes worthless so she doesn't feel like any other guy would want her. ive been in a relationship like that where i was basically criticized by this guy, who made me feel so ugly, always told me my hair looks bad, that i have acne, that my teeth are bad, constantly... so i know to stay clear from that kinda stuff. and my bf has a couple times, earlier in our relationship try to say mean things to me, but i told him he cannot talk to me about that and he doesn't really do it anymore. except once like a month ago he starred at my hair and said "i can see every end of your hair" like saying i have a split ends. and i told him to fuck off. ( i actually cried lol then got my hair cut like a month later)
>>
>>17232092

ok so i ws just thinking, he probably does think i like tall guys... because ive made comments abut short guys, well this one short guy who always hit on me before my bf and i were dating, because he was the same height as me. and id be like well haha he's the same height as me. so maybe he does think i like really tall guys and is insecure about it?

but hes not short. hes just not abnormally tall. i think 5'11" is like average height
>>
>>17232116
It could seriously be totally reversed and he just gets you to feel bad about it so it can build his ego up. I'm sure his hair isn't perfect either. Once again, split ends are normal for a girl.. Girls grow their hair longer than men do so its more difficult to keep the ends perfect after years of growth than it is for a man who cuts his growth off constantly. Definitely don't let him make you question yourself. Chances are he's with you because he knows youre the best he can get. That's how men are. If he thought he could do better, he would've already dumped you and moved onto the next because guys are less sentimental than women. Then when they're insecure they try to bring out the girl's insecurities because seeing you broken or insecure makes him feel more masculine and confident. Confident men build their women up. Only insecure men try to make a woman feel like she's less
>>
>>17231969
>5'5"
>I feel taller than most girls

...What?!
>>
>>17231969
damn, I'm 5'2" and I hate it. That's why bf is 6'2", so I can have taller children.
>>
>>17232148

yeah exactly. AND ive been trying to grow my hair out even longer because he likes really long hair (and my hair is already pretty long to begin with) so I'm trying to go longer btween cuts. (i do get it cut like every 3-4 months anyway which is more often than most girls, because i dont like having split ends). he makes comments about how he loves longer hair and wants me to grow mine out then tells me i have split ends, sigh.

and yeah it actually made me cry.. and then later that day he said i put him in a good mood. which i thought was weird because he made me fucking cry, like we made up after but still, how is making someone cry put you in a good mood for the rest of the day?

and yeah that's kind fucked up..like how you said if he thought he could do better he would move on. I'm a very loyal person so idk when I'm with someone I'm in it for the long run )unless they turn out to be a bad person/whatever and do awful things). hes told me SO many times he wants to marry me, he tells me all the time, and tells me he wants to spend his life together with me all the time
>>
>>17232152

yeah lol maybe I'm not and i just feel like that? i'm actually 5'4 1/2". idk why i feel really tallll!!!!!

>>17232153
haha really?
>>
>>17231969
>do all guys only like really short girls mostly?
Some do... some don't... some don't care.

And let's be frank, you aren't that tall. 5'5" is, like, 165cm? Two of my ex-gfs are 10cm taller than you, and this was never a problem. (I'm a 5'7" myself)
>>
Same as >>17232179
Also. STOP. BEING. SO. FREAKING. INSECURE. DAMN!
>>
>>17232185
yeah I'm actually like 5'4 1/2 tooo lol.
>>
Reading this thread as a 5'3" adult male makes me a little sad
>>
>>17232203
why?
>>
>>17232203
I guess I just can't get over my height insecurity. Every time a girl says her ideal height in a man is an entire foot taller than me. Or when they wish their 5'10" boyfriends were taller. Idk. I've tried getting over it for so long but I've just accepted that I'll always be insecure about it.
>>
>>17232034
>tfw 6'2
So close
>>
>>17231969
Nah, I mean I really don't mind any height as long as it's not ridiculous or something. My gf is 5'1" so I can't really speak to this since that's fairly short but I wouldn't care if she was the same height as me (6'0") honestly. Granted there's more I can do with her since she's so small but that isn't a determining factor in us being together. tl;dr speaking as a guy I like short and tall girls.

Also what >>17232179
said, you aren't even that tall.
>>
>>17232223
Was for >>17232213
>>
It's all in your head.

I'm 5'6 and haven't had this experience.
>>
>>17232223
I'm sorry. but really its not a big deal, youll find someone, theres plenty of short girls..i feel like a lot of girls/guys these days are shorter. don't be insecure, the right person will love you no matter what height you are.

>>17232233
yeah maybe it is.......i used to think i was even taller and i thought i was taller than this girl in my class and we took a class pic together and i was shorter than her haha

>>17232227
oh okay well that's good. and yeah like my bf can still do things with me and pick me up and stuff, I'm petite in all other ways... (like I'm very thin i weigh 115.. which i feel like i weigh the same as girls that are really short, i have small features etc)
>>
I'm a little over 6'2" and I prefer shorter women. What are you going to do about your height though? Chop your legs off at the knees?
>>
>>17232313
Yes...
>>
>>17232313
6'2 here, anything below 5'6 is pushing it for me
5'6-5'9 is the GOAT range for me
>>
>>17232322
yaYYYY

also whats goat range mean
>>
>>17232335
Greatest of all time
>>
Don't worry op. Your physical stature is offset by your diminutive mental faculties.
>>
>>17232320
Come on that's ridiculous and you know it. You're just going to have to accept that guys have different preferences and there is neither anything wrong with, nor anything you can do about it. You've already seen that there are guys in here that have preferences for women in your height range. Furthermore, you don't even KNOW if your boyfriend actually has a preference for shorter women or if you're just misconstruing his interactions with shorter women because of your insecurity. As for your love of heels, can you not wear any shorter heels with your boyfriend that don't make you taller than him?
>>
>>17232354
no like i know he prefers shorter girls..
should i be worried?
i feel like there is no perfect person someone finds like theres always going to be something that you prefer but don't get, because their other qualities over shadow it.
like i prefer brunettes but i would date a blonde.
and I'm still shorter than him with heels i meant I'm like 2 inches shorter not taller.... but yeah i put on heels around him once and i could tell he felt sooo awkward since we were so close to being the same height.
>>
>>17231969
I'm six feet tall and I find women my height or a bit shorter preferable.

I actually find shorter women not as attractive. I can't really explain why, I just hate seeing women that are as short as middle schoolers. It's weird. I've dated short and tall girls and I've always preferred tall.

No don't dump your boyfriend. If you're this worried, talk to him about it.
>>
>>17232425
You're right, there is no perfect person. If you start thinking for a second that whoever you're with is perfect then you're going to be in for a rude awakening when they make a mistake or show you a new side of themselves that you weren't expecting. The best you can do is decide what is really important to you and what is just sort of a nice bonus. Like when I go grocery shopping I go to a store that's nearby and will stock what I need. If they have samples that's awesome but when I'm deciding on a store to frequent the free samples is on my mind for a fleeting moment if at all. So is the height issue a sample to you or the bread and milk you need for the rest of the week?
>>
>>17232450

i honestly don't care. i love him. i just hope he feels the same and doesn't prefer some stubby short girl
>>
>>17232034
> I don't think girls that are like under my height, five feet and whatever have really attractive bodies
Do you need to hate on them to feel better than yourself?
>like you said they have short legs and stubby features, and they usually have like boxy figures
It REALLY depends on genetics, you could definitely still have short legs and a boxy figure.
>(not an hour glass shape)
I feel like you are implying you have an hour glass shape, which is a codeword for fat. Again, short women can have this shape, yes.
>and are heavier.. because theyre so short so if they eat as much as a normal height person, it makes them fatter
Because they are so short they don't eat as much as a "normal" person, they eat as much as a short person, they have as likely a chance of becoming fat as a tall person, which in the USA is pretty high.
>and they probably are more prone to get fat and stuff
You just pulled this out your ass.

Pretty sure OP is a troll or an attention whore.
>>
>>17232103
Maybe they were trying to tell you to take care of your problems, even after hearing the thing about your hair you waited a month. What did you do about your teeth and acne? I doubt you did anything with thus attitude.
>>
i'm 5'6" and feel like it's the perfect height. you're kinda being silly :)
>>
>>17231969
5'5" is average height. I'm a 5'5" girl and every other girl in my town is at least 5'7". Lol.
>>
>>17232034
I don't think your problem is that you're 'too tall' - which you're not by the way. 5' 5" is about average.

Your problem is that you feel the need to talk shit about other women to make yourself feel better. Which is not attractive at all. It makes you look like a jealous, bitter, ugly bitch.

Get over yourself. If you say stuff like that to your boyfriend, then of course he's going to find other types attractive.
>>
>>17231969
yeah? well, i'm a guy and i'm 6'6". my country is full of manlets and i always stand out. if u wanna feel small and petite get ur ass in here.
>>
>>17232776
I kinda wish I was 6'6 but then I think about how lanky an extra 4 inches would make me
>>
>>17231969
Ask him how he feels about your height, and tell him to be completely honest with you since you're having these feelings.

But I'm 6'6" and love tall girls, I was seeing a girl that was 5'11" and loved it. So if you think your boyfriend isn't really into your height, find a tall guy, because they always love tall girls.
>>
My girlfriend is 5'7 and I'm 6', it never bothered me even the slightest.
Heck I dated a girl who was 6' once and we commented on it like once or twice but no one cared, if your boy cares that's a red flag.
If anything I want the future women to my children to be tall so we have tall children.
>>
>>17231969
According to Google the average height for a white woman in the US is 5'5". You are exactly at average. Sounds to me like you've got a problem with something you can't physically change. The ONLY thing that CAN change is the way you feel about it.
>>
>>17232691
wow you're rude. oh, so my boyfriend says I have split ends so I have to run to the hair dresser? I got it cut two months before that, and most girls get their hair cut once a year. I'm also trying to grow it out. about my acne, I spend LOTS of money on the right products, have a good diet, exercise and take care of myself very well. its not my fault. AND, I don't have AWFUL acne, I have some pimples. I also cover them up with makeup during the day so its not noticeable. my teeth? I have a crossbit and my parents didn't take care of me and get me braces. that's not my fault. I cant afford them right now as a young adult (yes I plan to in the near future hopefully), I don't think you could if you were a young 20 year old either. none of these things are my fault, so fuck off.
>>
>>17232751
true I didn't have to say negative things about short people.

>>17233253
>>17233472

true
>>
>>17231969
The only thing you should feel bad about is measuring in foot! otherwise, anything below 1,80 (or six of your inferiour measurements isn't tall unless you live in china.)
>>
6'2 guy here
I like taller girls. I actually didn't pursue a 5'1 chick because of her hight who was visibly into me. You shouldn't worry about it. If your boyfriend loves you and you can reciprocate it, stay with him. Even if you wear heels, you should be fine at 5'8, so just wear them if you like them. If you are taller thana lot of people then what? Being tall is good. Mygirlfriend is 5'7 and I love her to pieces. She likes heels too, and when she wears them she's still shorter than me.
>>
>>17231969
You don't know anything unless you ask or have concrete evidence, as the past is not indicative of the present.

Don't be so presumptuous, woman
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.