[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get over a girl? We we never really in a relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: feelsbadman.jpg (43 KB, 596x595) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
43 KB, 596x595
How do i get over a girl?
We we never really in a relationship but weve gone on two dates.

we just had a , idk, heart to hear, and she said "I'd just really rather be platonic so I'm not sure what to say" .

i know what this means, im not gonna pester her to be my girlfriend , its just that ive sunk 2 years into this girl from the day i met her. I almost would say i love her. it literally just happened like 20 minutes ago , and im just preemptively dulling some of the pain. I just want to cry but i dont want to become a wreck sitting in bed all day.

typing this out helps already, but it still hurts really bad
>>
The best you can do is to get your mind off of it. Go out with yours friends, socialize, etc. Most importantly, try meeting other girls and next time don't fall into the same trap of tricking yourself into thinking you love a girl just cause she showed minor interest.
>>
As someone who always falls too hard for a girl and then takes forever getting over her (like a year+) I've found that the only way to get over a girl has been to find another that I am more interested in. All the time in between you just distract yourself. I personally am a workaholic and that helps me keep my mind busy. This was useful until the last time, because I became depressed about the whole dating situation in general. I don't catch feelings for a woman often, and when I do I now just remind myself not to get too attached because chances are pretty high that I'm going to get rejected. When I'm not attached to someone I just don't feel very motivated to put any effort in to the relationship. I have no idea how people are supposed to get and lose feelings so quickly or how they're supposed to find the motivation to actually date one another when they barely care about the other person. It's all very isolating. Overall I would recommend only using workaholism as a last resort, and instead do something social like a previous anon suggested, because it will help stave off the feeling that you can't and never will connect with someone romantically. It also helps you to meet other women more frequently.

Man I feel hollow inside now.
>>
I'm not trying to minimize your feelings but look at it from another perspective. If nothing happened in two years you've been lying to yourself or something.
>>
Something similar happened to me, except I made my intentions clear from the start, and it took her like a month to say no. I started feeling better about when she moved and I stopped hanging out with her as much.
>>
>>17231790
You're obsessing. It's not healthy. Stop it.

If you CAN'T stop and feel you have absolutely no control over these intrusive thoughts, that's not healthy, either. Seek professional help.
>>
>>17233462
Oh, whoa, wait. I misread. I thought you said its been two years since she told you she didn't like you lime that.

It's been 20 minutes. Dude, just keep distance. The fire may never go out completely but it will absolutely die down with time. Distance helps.

*pat on the back*
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.