[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. I'm dealing with depression caused by early balding.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: bald-head.jpg (9 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
bald-head.jpg
9 KB, 275x275
Hello. I'm dealing with depression caused by early balding. I'm 20. My thinning hair gave me major anxiety and exacerbated my BDD. Shaving is not acceptable in my social circle, nor closely cropping. I'm scared of finasteride but sooner or later I will take the plunge and get a prescription. Anyone with advice and/or in my same situation?
>>
>>17231555
What kind of a social circle doesn't accept shaved or buzz cut men?
>>
Go for the Christian troy on Nip Tuck look. Its a classy/sexy look for receding hair
>>
>>17231582
This, what's wrong with your friends OP
>>
>>17231555
Your friends must hate them boiz with short hair huh?
>>
Your hair doesn't define you, homes. There's kids with cancer that have no hair now because if chemo or whatever, and they couldn't give a shit about their hair, as long as they're not dying if cancer anymore. Just shrug it off with a "fuck my genetics lol" and move on with your non-cancer-threatened life.
>>
just get a simple short cut as if you weren't balding. embrace the balding, because it's fucking happening. i'm sure you're still a worthwhile person regardless of what your hair follicles are doing

also did you notice that shaved heads are not acceptable in your social circle, but that balding is? that's because it's not a big deal. try to meditate. think about everything on a cosmic level. think about all the types of people you can be, and how little hair has to do with it.
>>
>>17231555
Lmao i'm having the same issue with baldinh but idgaf
>>
>>17231555
>muh social circle
They sound like cock noggins. I had to shave my head at 16 because my hairline was so bad, my brother the same at that age. Quit being a pussy.
>>
All through life I've had long as fuck skater hair, girl hair, whatever. Then when I was 19 it started receeding, rapidly and also thinning on top. I tried to hide it, I hated getting hair cuts. Then one day the dude cutting my hair knew what was up and just straight up asked why. I didn't have a good answer, he suggested just shaving it all off. So, I did. Not even a big deal. I do miss long hair, and all the girl friends I had like it, but your hair isn't who you are.

>tldr
>hair thinned beyond repair at 19
>didn't take any corrective actions because I was scared
>just shaved it all off, buzzed it short
>grew a beard ( cause imo you need a beard or glasses or something to contrast your chrome dome)
>never lookin back, 23 and the past years have been waaay Better than they would be living with the stress and anxiety of fighting hair loss. still pull in girls just as easy

hope it helps, my best friend is starting to lose his hair too so I've been talkin to him about it too.
>>
>>17231555
Answer the question faggot. What social circle frowns on a buzz cut or a shaved melon

>>17232209
This knuckle head has it right. A buzz cut or q-ball head and a finely groomed beard is empowering, makes a statement, sets you apart from the crowd, adds a layer of authority, and is pretty much the "it" thing to do if you can pull it off
>>
>>17231555
Your social circle sucks.
>>
>>17231555
RU58841 isn't legal in America, to my knowledge, but it's applied topically and alot of people swear by it (supposedly it works better than finasteride)

Are you already using minoxidil?

Balding, if caught as early as you caught yours, is usually haltable.
>>
>>17232209
This really. Started balding at 21 and shaved at 23. The two years in between were the most stressful and unpleasant of my life. I kept agonizing over what everyone would think, whether it would be attractive or not, that sort of thing.

Trying to hide my thinning hair killed my confidence and made me far more unattractive than actually being bald. I don't know if shaving my head looks any better or worse, but I know it takes a lot of stress off me. After about a month of shaving I didn't even think about it anymore. I'd forgotten how nice it was to just get up in the morning and not panicking about how I looked.
>>
>>17232434
>>17232384
>>17231555
my favoRite s to massage the head (like rubbing rubbing it( to make the hajrgrow it will grow faster and it feel SoO good) do it right now
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 381x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 381x650
The Rock is bald, but nobody sees a bald loser when they look at him. They see the Rock. Ditto Vin Diesel and Bruce Willis and plenty of other handsome actors and models. They make it work because they own it. No reason you cant OP
>>
>>17232594
Things that the Rock. Ditto Vin Diesel and Bruce Willis have in common that make up for their baldness

>Rich
>Famous
>High social status
>Tall
>Tanned
>Muscle-bound
>Attractive facial genetics
>Confident and Charismatic
>Excellent social skills

Of course they own it, they're living life on easy mode.

The average man can only do half these things.

If you're less than average (i.e. autistic, social anxiety) it's almost impossible.
>>
>>17232718
>If you're less than average (i.e. autistic, social anxiety) it's almost impossible.

If you're either of those things, baldness is one of the farthest concerns you should have.
>>
Dude nobody gives a shit if you're bald, you're a guy
>>
>>17232730
So what's your solution? Should us lesser beings just shut up and try to get by? You admit you're wrong and that's it?

Lots of people on this site have disadvantages like that, and you're telling them to just be like The Rock is terrible, completely unrealistic advice.
>>
>>17232741
Maybe if you're in the top 10% of good looks.
Otherwise they sure as fuck do care.
>>
>>17232808
>>17232748

Then get a hair piece, you fucking crybaby. If you're ugly and autistic, you have way bigger problems and you're not going to get a girl regardless of whether you have decent hair or not.

Just buy a wig and get over it. Or suck it up and accept your lot in life. Aim lower for girls who are as uggo as you.
>>
File: death star ice cube.jpg (72 KB, 459x943) Image search: [Google]
death star ice cube.jpg
72 KB, 459x943
>>17231555

If your biggest problem is that your hair is thinning, then OP....

You need some perspective. Your happiness expectations are writing checks that reality will never cash.

Last year a girl in my state went for a swim in a pond and contracted flesh eating bacteria. Now she has no arms.

No arms anon.

I suggest you step out of your bubble and see the world for what it really is. Then laugh about how silly and vain you were to be emotionally upset that you don't have hair on your head.
>>
>>17232834
>Then get a hair piece, you fucking crybaby
At first, I thought this was a sincere attempt at advice. But then I realized you're probably the kind of person that makes fun of people who wear hairpieces. You would make it a living hell for anyone you found out had a hairpiece.
They're also really shit, expensive, and not realistic.

>Or suck it up and accept your lot in life
Is there no in-between? Isn't it better to be a 5/10 than a 4/10?

>Aim lower for girls who are as uggo as you.
>you're not going to get a girl
So if no one wants us, we should just "suck it up"? We should just live a life without affection, or love, or belonging?

Fuck you. Society is shit because of people like you.
>>
>>17232885
Deflect all you want. There isn't anything in there that is untrue. Not everyone will die happy. It's up to you to find other ways to be happy if you're so repulsive that other humans don't want to be near you.
>>
>>17232861

Is it vain though? Attractive people get paid more, taller people get better jobs, full-haired people have it easier with girls. Is it vain to want as rich a life as most other people have? It's not like bald people want everything on a platter, they just want the basic deal that everyone else gets.
>>
File: hlff.jpg (41 KB, 500x889) Image search: [Google]
hlff.jpg
41 KB, 500x889
Pic is me

I rock it and get laid all the time. Seriously, act like you own the place and you'll be drowning in pussy
>>
>>17232885
the world is full of assholes dude, no getting around it.

so ya, suck it up
>>
>>17232890
There isn't anything untrue in my post either. If not everyone dies happy, why call them crybabies? A person can try with all their heart to change, and still be limited by their genetics, and to you they're all crybabies. The douchiest part is, you didn't have to work for your life, and yet you shit on everyone else. You're right that there might be no solution, but then you act like there is and no one deserves any kind of empathy.
>>
>>17232901
Let me guess, you're tall right?
>>
>>17232930
People who do nothing but whine and mope about their lot in life are crybabies, yes. You can either accept it, like a healthy person, or continue to shitpost and cry about it like a whiny bitch.

The latter is nonsense because you're crying about things that you can't change. If that's how you want to go through life, go for it. Be miserable. I don't give a shit. But you're retarded to do so, when the superior option is to learn how to cope with the hand you're dealt.
>>
>>17232934
yeah like 6'4"
>>
>>17233025
Now imagine a 5'7" bald guy trying to act like he owns the place.

It wouldn't make things better, it would make things worse.
>>
>>17232209
Nice just Jason statham the shit out of it.
>>
Dude, you're a man. NOBODY CARES about your hairstyle. There's this one thing that affects your looks that you have no control over and about three dozen things that you can influence, work on them.
I used to have shoulder length hair. Nice, thick, healthy shit, people would compliment it more often than not. I bought a motorcycle and just couldn't be arsed with helmet hair so i just cut it all off. Now people just don't mention my hair, nobody cares. Sometimes a chick asks me why did i cut all that long nice hair and i just explain that it's for practical reasons.
>>
>>17231555
Why do you care whether you're balding? Is it a macho thing?
>>
>>17231555
you're not dealing with depression for fuck sake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC7MyPiI5Mo
>>
Just do it OP.
Since I keep my hair short I don't have to feel bad about balding anymore.
>>
Take finasteridenow not eventually

I just had to pay $9k to mostly fix the damage done by not starting earlier
>>
Statistically, 5/7 men bald.

I get you're self conscious, but this is a totally normal thing that a majority of people understand is a thing that just happens and won't think less of you.

What is very apparent is desperately holding onto that hair with terrible combovers and such. You're deluding yourself at this point and that puts people off. Combovers look like shit.
So shave it or cut it short.
>>
>>17232939
How do you know I do nothing but whine and mope? All I did was mention it was an issue. If someone who worked their ass off mentions an issue exists, does that count as whining?

Ironically you're whining more about the whiners than the whiners do. You just sit there and spout cheap, useless advice and call people crybabies if they don't conform to it.
>>
Just work out and get ripped, there you go. Though honestly you sound like a faggot OP.
>>
>>17233540
Well 5/7 men shouldn't reproduce.
>>
File: 98125.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
98125.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>17231555
>Shaving is not acceptable in my social circle
>>
>>17231555
Wear a helmet all the time and say that you're a power ranger

works for me
>>
My hairline has been creeping back over the years, but not thinning. I've always thought 'hey I don't give a shit about it lol because loads of guys rock a fairly high hairline and look ok for a long time' except I'm like 34 now and it is basically in line with my ears so I've similar questions, when do you shave that shit?

I think I'm resigned to basically never shaving it and always having a fairly short back and sides. I'd rather have a little hair on top and it looks pretty normal considering my age and peers than go completely smooth shaven. I think I'd feel much worse about it if it was thinning or going at the back as well, but I'm just lucky I guess there.
>>
>>17234254
you don't have to shave it smooth. Hell I only do that when I go out on weekends or something special.

all work week I just take my heard trimmer without the guard, because it gets closer cut that standard hair clippers and I just trim that shit all off Monday and Wednesday morning. Its low maintenance as fuck
>>
>>17234403
beard*
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.