[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a therapist or a councilor or something like that I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: gay.jpg (32 KB, 470x419) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
32 KB, 470x419
is there a therapist or a councilor or something like that I could go to overcome chronic laziness. I'm losing control of my life and will basically do anything at this point to recover it
>>
>>17231196
Yes. Go see one.
>>
>>17231196
No. There is nothing wrong with a simple life, as long as you arent leeching off others and being comfy at their expense, effort, and toil.

Your subconscious mind knows this, which is why it undermines the standards you attempt to set for yourself
>>
>>17231196
Not until mommy and daddy kick you out of their house.
>>
I have no advice for you but my situation is similar. I live in a house with family and it feels like I can chill and do nothing until I run my bank account dry.

The problem is being stuck in a comfy rut. I moved out of my old place a few months ago and the change did good things. I find that going out to do things, or long walks, or reading, all helps to get you up and active. Things that take time and attention are excellent at improving your focus and attention.

You should cut your phone/laptop/tv to times when you actually need them. They suck you in, even more so when you are already bored, and you (or I) end up wasting hours on them. Dont check your phone when you wake up, dont check 4chan in the middle of the day, etc. Find something else.

Lastly, reading a lot has helped my motivation. Learn to do something fun that does not feel like a waste of time. Reading like I said, lifting, drawing, constructing something. When you improve your brain or body you learn about your abilities in general, it is an excellent thing for you.
>>
File: pe160320comb_hs.jpg (426 KB, 855x1152) Image search: [Google]
pe160320comb_hs.jpg
426 KB, 855x1152
It could be a symptom of a depression, a thryroid problem, or any of a number of physical problems.

Before you conclude that it's a character issue, rule out physical and psychological problems.

Whatever the root cause, it's fixable.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.