[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i recently have gotten interested in online RP and was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
So i recently have gotten interested in online RP and was wondering what makes good RP and how does one improve?
>>
>>17231113
The biggest hurdle new role players need to get over is the drive to WIN. You don't always have to come out on top. Adversity breeds development. You're trying to work together to tell a story with other people, not cram how awesome you are down their throats. Relax, make a character that wants to actually be around people, not all brooding, dark and Shitty. Help advance the story, not your e-peen.
>>
>>17231113
You need at least 7 charisma and 8 intelligence.
>>
>>17231173
I see.

But what if the character is kind of a jackass,self-righteous, and overall cocky?

Also should i keep it short and sweet or write with full detail?
>>
>>17231194
Fucking Mary-Sue thatguy ree
>>
>>17231113
kek i used to love role playing with my friends back in my teens...

i think what helped me stand out and get involved in RP's is by having a funny character. shit, i remember the days where i made my online RP friends laugh so hard that we had to halt our role plays and talk more about it OOC. of course, some people don't appreciate the humor and want a more "serious" tone, so look out for that i guess... (i've been kicked out before for "rhyming" in an incredibles RP, which was fucking bullshit)

one liners are harder to bounce off from, so try to avoid that... don't write more than a paragraph (roughly 5 sentences) because no one has the attention span for that, regardless of how much of a "pro" they are. you just want to give enough for the other people to get material of. really try to involve the other characters there yourself, don't expect to be approached; be the proactive one.

i think it helps to play 2 characters at a time. usually there's a couple "settings" where an RP-er or two is chillin out and trying to get something started. i highly encourage you get into both. keep one character in one section of the setting, the other character with the other section... helps you get involved in both stories in case either of them gets boring or one gets more exciting over the other, and the hype from the people around you really helps make it easier.

in the end, you just want to have fun with the people around you and that's what makes you a "good" rp-er. just be a team player and you in nigga.
>>
RPGs are a waste of time. Only strategy games are acceptable.
>>
https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14567.phtml

The ultimate guide to good roleplay, as expressed through negative example. Or, a review of the official RPG of /r9k/, depending on your perspective. Either way, just read through this and don't do ANYTHING depicted therein.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.