[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get into Rutgers? I want the new Brunswick campus. I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: RU_SHIELD_LOGOTYPE_th.gif (7 KB, 214x89) Image search: [Google]
RU_SHIELD_LOGOTYPE_th.gif
7 KB, 214x89
Can I get into Rutgers?
I want the new Brunswick campus. I have a 2.8 GPA and 24 ACT. Im taking the test again and expect a 25-27 (according to recent practice tests) my GPA had a steady upward curve which my GC says is really good
I have no extracurriculars so ik that's a problem
I've heard of people with similar stats getting accepted though so I'm wondering if I should apply
Also I'm an NJ resident
>>
>>17230819
if it is not cost prohibitive to do so it doesn't seem like a bad idea to just apply to whatever schools you want. I know someone who took the shotgun approach and applied to like 14 grad schools. I did not have that kind of money.
>>
>>17230823
If it's super unlikely I can use that application for something else
>>
Trying to get into an elite college for undergrad is a massive waste of money and effort. Go to a state school, excell, then go to an elite grad school.
>>
>>17230819
> elite University
> shitty GPA and ACT

Yea you'll totally make it bro.
>>
>>17231457
>>17231533
It's a state school, Rutgers isn't that elite??
>>
>>17231457
Rutgers is not elite. It's a state school, and not even a great one.

With those stats you have little chance, don't bet on it OP.
>>
>>17230819
http://admissions.rutgers.edu/pdfs/Fall_MidrangesChart2015.pdf
>>
>>17231978
I'm looking at these and it's making me doubt myself, but my GC says if I go undeclared I could get it, also there seems to be a lot of people online that got in with similar GPAs unless they're lying which I don't think they are
>>
>>17231533
>>17231457
>Rutgers
>Elite
U wot??
>>
I go to the NB campus. I would say with that gpa, you're best bet would be to apply to the school of arts and science. That's the easiest school to get into. Based on your info, I honestly don't know if you will or will not get in. It's calling it close. I wish I could help you more but really it's up to the department and how they're feeling, if they'll accept you.
>>
I live five minutes from Rutgers and I honestly don't even want to go. I went and looked at classes in my major (American Studies) and there was a course on the critical study of Beyonce. Please, no. Only problem is if I go anywhere else I'm fucked money wise.

As for getting in, OP, you might be able to? Probably a little unlikely unless you have some good extracurricular stuff.
>>
>>17232935
Can I switch???
What about undeclared??
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.