[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Purpose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 388x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 388x441
I've always been pretty existential, but had no real problem assigning meaning to my life. Lately, it has been really difficult to find meaning. I haven't felt motivated to love anyone, go to work, or do the things I used to enjoy. I have been pushing myself to try all these things, but it's not registering emotionally. Money is just a necessary evil to avoid stinking and not having necessities. Partners are the best we can do at the moment, to help us on this life journey that is supposed to be meaningful. All the things I used to enjoy feel like going through the motions now.

I know one of you might suggest suicide, but that's stupid. Does anyone here have experience with this and know what to do?
>>
>>17230624
have this problem too
>>
File: 2709461-lisa.png (4 KB, 122x180) Image search: [Google]
2709461-lisa.png
4 KB, 122x180
Same here. Besides playing games, watching movies and reading books most things I do are pressured by other people. I work because I should. If someone asked me on date I would just go because I don't care either way.
>>
>>17230624

more like no serotonin
>>
>>17230674
Being introverted and reclusive was cool, especially when I cared about life still. I would do what you're saying, then go out to meet friends occasionally and do work part-time or under the table work.

But yeah, without giving a shit, life starts to feel like torture regardless of what I'm doing. It's so sick to have someone say, "I love you," in what seems like true sincerity, just to say in your head, "Hah, okay," faking the most important line and going home to question why you're feeding yourself or why you care about the documentaries and books that kill time.

Sorry to slip into 2nd person there. I do that. I'm not too sharp right now. I guess this is depression?
>>
>>17230692
That, and/or dopamine.

I can't take antidepressants because the adverse effects really get me.

I hear that going through the motions with work sex and exercise can increase dopamine and serotonin but man does the increase feel minor.
>>
>>17230723

I wasn't really going to advise you to get antidepressants since that shit is just crutches for your body. You have to naturally produce serotonin. 90 percent of it is created in your gut, so you better start eating healthy and restoring the probiotics in your gut by eating more veggies and fruits and juicing.
>>
>>17230710
I never truly trusted anyone. I think of people as npcs if I have to be honest. Maybe I have something diffrent than you. I always feel like I need to convince everyone to act as I want them to. Sometimes I just want to live in mountains for rest of my life or kill myself but I feel it's out of my character.
>>
>>17230762
you seem to fucking love talking about yourself though
too bad no one shares your passion
>>
>>17230738
Damn is that yet another way the poor are kept disadvantaged in the US?

Okay, so I'm working on not being poor. I always buy the healthiest food I can afford, which right now is not much. Diet, routine, and positivity of my surroundings will improve once I get more money and spend my time/money most efficiently.

>>17230762
You're different than me, but what you're describing sounds pretty understandable. Hopefully it's just an effect of the isolation. Coming out of isolation, I had to re-learn to trust and influence people correctly for years.
>>
>>17230807
The last sentence in the OP is asking for people's experience, so maybe you're acting salty and irrational.
>>
>>17230818
Well I'm forced to live with 7 people in one room right now and I still don't trust them. Well I don't think I can help you. Maybe change of environment can make you feel better. It didn't help me. But everyone is diffrent.
>>
>>17230841
I would get my own room if I were you. True, people often lived together and at times on top of each other, but it's vital to have a quiet place where people have to go the fuck away. A private room is just that.
>>
>>17230857
I'm in military. On weekends I go to my own house.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.