[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend started to gain weight after we started dating.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1465317445389.gif (1 MB, 326x256) Image search: [Google]
1465317445389.gif
1 MB, 326x256
My boyfriend started to gain weight after we started dating. He noticed it after a few extra lbs and told me he was gonna start dieting. I told him I would always love him, fat or skinny. Welp. 6 months down the line and he is now about 40lbs heavier. He is still incredibly attractive but I'm afraid that if he keeps this up he'll end up a balloon. I obviously won't leave him for something so superficial, but I bothers me that I try to keep up my appearance for him but it seems like he doesn't care. He is currently eating an entire family bag of doritos.
>>
>>17230620
If you're concerned for his health, or if your attraction to him depends even partly on his appearance, you should tell him that. Talk to him about it.

I wouldn't call that superficial. Attraction happening in a vacuum where the psychological is all that counts is a fairytale concept only—appearance obviously plays a part, and it's fair to acknowledge that. Being attracted to someone *solely* for their appearance *would* be superficial, but that's clearly not what you're about.
>>
>>17230620
Don't be silly.
Have some self respect. You deserve to be happy too and if him gaining weight is turning you off you should have a serious conversation about this. I'd assume he wants to be happy with himself too?
>>
I'm going through just about the same thing. When I first met my boyfriend he was super skinny and I thought that was so attractive. Today I found out he's officially overweight according to his bmi. I always swore to never be the type to get fat once I got into a long term relationship and I've even lost more weight these past few years and am approaching underweight if I'm not careful.

Oh well.
>>
>>17230677
I just don't want him to feel bad about himself. He already complains that he's fat, he just doesn't do anything about it
>>
>>17230620
>I told him I would always love him, fat or skinny.
Make good on your promise you whore. This is why you instill in people the value of keeping up their appearance and not this cookie cutter bullshit.
>>
>>17230620
Wtf.
Dude. Food is a pleasure source for a bored/stressed mind.
Why arent you being that pleasure source?!
Give him a blowjob. Suck his nuts right outta his cock, offer your cute little ass up for him to pound. Tell him u like to do shit in wierd places. Suck his cock in odd public places, make him pound you in secret locations. Make him work for it. Make him work up a nasty sweat.
Take some damn control and responability.

Stop being a BETA ass bitch.
Pussy has the power to turn boys into men.
>>
>>17230620
i wouldent say its superficial. appearance is an important part of a relationship. i love my gf dearly but if she started to get fat, i would be concerned like you.
>>
>>17230709
>whore
>>17230714
>bitch

ppl can we tone it down a little bit
if you could make the same arguments with less swearoring, and it'd be way more stylish and easier to read
>>
>>17230743
yeah shut the fuck up you pc faggot
>>
>>17230747
pcfag? nah, just too lazy to read your shit

let me demonstrate:
> Make good on your promise you whore. This is why you instill in people the value of keeping up their appearance and not this cookie cutter bullshit.

> make good on your promise then, hypocrite

3.6-fold compression, no content lost
>>
>>17230763
kys
>>
>>17230695
This! The reason my boyfriend drives me crazy is that he's SOOOO SKINNNYY I want to fuck him all the time but I'm afraid he'll get fat because he never pays attention to what he eats.
>>
>>17230789
My boyfriend eats and eats. I thought I was always eating too much but as soon as I moved in I noticed him eating waaaay more.
>>
>>17230743

C U C K O L D
U
C
K
O
L
D
>>
as people have already said, it might have been a mistake to say you dont care about his weight.
Lesson learned now you know, that it's better to be direct and bluntly honest with men.

Here's what you should do:
> tell him you see a difference in his appearence and that your attrection is melting away with every pound
> tell him what you said before was sugarcoating but now you know better
> tell him you are not leaving him because of it right now but you would rather have him watch out for it
> offer him help and advice if he is accepting it
> if he doesnt understand it or reacts childish tell him that and retract a bit with your relationship. You're not punishing him because of his body, but know honestness should always be appreciated and never laughed at.
>>
>>17230887
This is coming from a BF who is eating a ton aswell but doing lifting and stamina training every week so he doesnt get fat
185cm 76kg

Thats how I would like it from you
>>
You gave him a free pass to be a fat fuck. You're dumb.

>>17230703
Make him start going to the gym or cooking him healthier food. Go with him if you have to.
>>
>>17230887
I tried being honest about appearance once by telling him that I didn't like his jeans and he got really upset so I try and just respect my partners appearance but he's getting FAT.
Ugh.
He used to be pretty huge, then got super into lifting and was fit for a while, then proceeded to go on a 60 day fast. A year later he's over weight. Hm.
>>
>>17230906
> he got really upset
Good, utilize that. You're his woman, you're basically his main source of fallback comfort. Tell him he's getting chubby and when he gets upset tell him it's okay and you wanna help him.

He's gunna feel shitty about himself because he's gunna feel like he's not attractive to you anymore, so he's going to be very on board for you still wanting to help him
>>
How is he getting so fat while you are still in shape?

If my gf started madly eating doritos every night I'd tell her to stop.
>>
>>17230743
>d-dont cuss, my virgin ears cant handle realism
Get the fuck over it. If you have to be coddled in order to listen to advice then you may as well end yourself right now because reality is one ugly fuckin bitch.
To give good advice you must be real, to be real you have to embrace the cruel brutality of reality.
If you cant do that, give up. Make room for someone who can because all youre doing is wasting valuable space.
>>
>>17230913
One thing that worked for me was a girl i really liked always reacted to seeing a buff dude, draw dropped, staring, pretty much foaming at the mouth. It was like she was in heat, even her nipples got hard through her shirt. Nothing motivated me harder than wanting that reaction from her.
Just my 2 cents
>>
>>17230926
Not OP, but what if you tell them to stop and they just don't?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.