[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a friendless 23 year old half-NEET (I work, but within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1464808563421.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1464808563421.gif
182 KB, 226x224
I'm a friendless 23 year old half-NEET (I work, but within walking distance) that's currently stuck in Winnipeg, Canada. I used to love video games, movies, books, music, any kind of media I guess. It's all starting to feel the same though. I miss having friends. I used to have them before I moved here, and I kept in touch with them online but gradually they started dropping off, having to deal with their own lives. I've tried making friends here but people just make me exhausted. It doesn't feel like anyone "clicks" with me and it's not because of any conscious sort of hang up. I'm trying to be open minded.

I don't know where I'm going with this I guess. I just wish I could still relate to people.
>>
>>17230272
if you work you are no portion neet.
>>
>>17230272
You live in my city. Are you stuck in a loop? Like a movie or game loop where you only pay the same video games and watch the same movies over and over? I've done that a few times, maybe try to find something new or start a new hobby. Have you ever joined a clan for a game you like?
>>
>>17230285
Just a general recluse, if you're going to be all pedantic about it. I never go anywhere except to go to work or run an errand, and occasionally to go catch a movie. Most public venues aren't interesting to me because I don't have friends to enjoy them with.

>>17230288
Not really. After consuming so much distracting media, it feels like creators are in a loop though. I see the same beats, themes and concepts reworked and recycled over and over again and it's all pretty boring to me now. The deeper I dive the more obscure my tastes get and the less I have in common to talk about with people.

I'd love to try something new but I have no idea what. It's hard with no social skills but I know it's not impossible either. There's not much I really /want/ to do though, that's the problem. I've been developing my own game because that's what I want to do more than anything else right now, but at the same time it feels impossible when I'm wasting all my time and energy at my actual job.
>>
>>17230272
Holy shit same. Moved to Winnipeg last year. The people here suck compared to Vancouver (home).
>>
>>17230323
Yeah, turns out racists aren't usually nice people.
>>
>>17230318
What kind of game are you making?
>>
>>17230446
It's an old-schoolish hipster trash RPG. The kind /v/ would call an Undertale rip-off.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.