[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a person that always gets angry over someone leaving me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: B2oAwCoIIAAXEdp.png (59 KB, 600x719) Image search: [Google]
B2oAwCoIIAAXEdp.png
59 KB, 600x719
I am a person that always gets angry over someone leaving me on read. let's say that I text a friend of mine, and suddenly she leaves me on read and never texts back. I get extremely angry over this, and it's bothering me a lot. The thing is, a lot of my friends do this. It makes me angry to the point that I want to tell them myself to stop doing it, and this has happened before. It has led to multiple arguments, and I just wish I can make this stop. Does this make me a psychopath? Give your honest opinions, /adv/. What can I do to stop being mad over this?
>>
It means you have anger management issues.
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/step1.htm
This website has some resources on how to work through anger management issues as well as a bunch of other stuff that's pretty useful, even if the site's a pain in the ass to navigate.

Other than that, try to realize not everything requires a response. Imagine these two hypothetical conversations:
>Hey Anon, what're you up to?
>Not much, you?
>Thinking of going to a concert on friday, [band] is playing, wanna go?
This one is extremely rude to not respond to, although they might not get back to you immediately they should do so promptly. Compare that to this:
>Hey Anon, what's up?
>Nothing much you?
>Just playing video games
There's not much to say to that unless they feel like making small talk for a little while. Small talk is fine, but it's not something that should ever be constant and you'll get really annoying if you expect it to be. Even a conversation that's been going on for a while has to wind down eventually, and you don't always need to tell someone you're leaving depending on how active the conversation is. Sometimes you just get busy and straight up forget to reply too.
>>
>>17230266
>friend of mine
>she

There's your problem.
>>
>>17230266
You sound not only angry but paranoid. I'm serious: get help.
>>
>>17230284
You are right. There are some points though that when a friend leaves me on read, they don't say anything for months and even YEARS(I have plenty of examples) and just forget that I exist. I even had somebody today yell at me telling me that I am clingy and needy.

>>17230337
This happens within guys as well, but why is it a problem?

>>17230352
Is it that serious?
>>
>>17230433
>Is it that serious?
I think so, yes. It's not normal to get mad when someone didn't say something to "end" a text message conversation. That's how they go. They're short, stunted and informal. Your feelings about this ARE weird. Talk to a professional.
>>
>>17230433
>I even had somebody today yell at me telling me that I am clingy and needy.

The problem isn't them, it's you. You gotta check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.