[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me in college >attend every class, do every exam, every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: WhyMe.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
WhyMe.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>be me in college
>attend every class, do every exam, every homework
>syllabus shows that my final would be on june 8
>turns out it was on monday, yesterday
>not taking it essentially means i am failing the course, regardless of doing everything else because college

What the fuck should I do? It's bullshit that I fail because of obvious miscommunucation between the syllabus and the actual date. I tried contacting him and all he did was confirm that it was on Monday, and it is my fault for not attending classes (big school, obviously didn't bother to learn names, whatever). How fucked am I? First time this shit ever happened to me.
>>
You're probably fucked, OP.

The syllabus almost positively states that it is "tentative" or "subject to change." Any syllabus I've ever had throughout college or grad school has said this in order to protect the professor from stuff like this.

Furthermore, if your university works like mine did, there are universal dates for the finals, and when that final is held depends on what time the class is. This is determined sometime before finals week. I assume the final was listed on a Monday just because it was going to happen that week, and Monday was chosen to represent the potential date merely because it is the first day of the week.

Are you POSITIVE that the professor never told you or the class when the final was being held? Were you the only student that missed the test?
>>
It IS your fault. You can't blame it on a "miscommunication" if all your classmates were somehow able to figure out the correct date. Take some responsibility.
>>
>>17230191
I am 1000% certain he never changed it. But he says that everyone else took it yesterday. And your uni policies are like mine it seems. He is offering me a chance tomorrow, but it is conflicting with my other exam. Asked for a slight time change or just to deal with it and make it work. Literally scared out of my mind for response.
>>
File: arino 2.png (824 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
arino 2.png
824 KB, 1360x768
>>17230191
>I assume the final was listed on a Monday just because it was going to happen that week, and Monday was chosen to represent the potential date merely because it is the first day of the week.

Whoops, sorry OP. I fucked that part up. I'm a liberal arts major, so I can only do so much.
>>
>>17230185
Try talking to him again, showing him the printed syllabus you were relying on. Try talking to the next higher-up in the department - your advisor, the undergrad director or the department head.
>>
Update. He gave me a chance. Holy shit. Guess I need to quadra check every date for exams from now on to not let this happen again. Thanks for the advice anons.
>>
>>17230210
Generally, you'll want to make it a point to ask your professor when the final exam is. Even if they've already stated it before, just ask before/after class "as a reminder."
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.