[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subway - $7.40/hr, 20hr/wk. Pros - Don't have to pay bills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Subway - $7.40/hr, 20hr/wk.

Pros - Don't have to pay bills where I'm at. Evening shift, so days off are like a day and a half. Making sandwiches is easy.

Cons - Dogshit pay and dogshit hours. Would take so much longer to save for anything (and I'm planning a move). It's fast food; I do everything, on top of no one else doing their job in the morning. Manager is stressful as fuck.

Don't have another job lined up; been searching already. Should I quit? Would you quit? I could be spending the time that I'm going to work making piss change to look for another job.
>>
>>17229705
Bump.
>>
>>17229705
It's easier to land a new job if you didn't just quit one. I think the answer is easy.
>>
Work there and keep searching for a better job. Once you're hired there quit the subway job. Keep searching and sending in those resumes.

If that's your first job or all you have are subway-type jobs then make a cover letter with your resume.
>>
>>17229705
I was in your place once. $8/hr at 20-25 hrs a week. I can't imagine going back to that spot ever.

I don't make mad dough right now, I'm at about $12 an hour at my current gig but it's 40 hours a week so it more than covers my needs, especially when paired with my other job.

My advice would be to work your ass off and be an indispensable employee. This helps you because either it gives you leverage when seeking a promotion/better pay, but also gives you a fantastic reference when looking for another job. Speaking of which, do not quit unless you have something else that delivers what you're looking for. If I was you I'd be open to getting a second job, because while a lot of places are going to be very stingy on hours, you can work it in your favor by getting 2 20 hour a week jobs instead of just working one. Just try to get them close together and make sure the schedules are compatible, and be up front about being employed elsewhere in the application and interview.
>>
Fuck that noise.

Go work as a stocker at Walmart. Yeah, you'll still get shit hours but you'll get $10 instead of $7.40. And you won't have to deal with customers as much.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.