[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is their any religion that does not follow a god? i know Buddhism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Is their any religion that does not follow a god? i know Buddhism was like that long ago, but obviously isn't now, that also doesn't deny logic and science, and would it be a good idea too join said group?
>>
Religion (n): The belief in and worship of a supernatural controlling power, especially a personal god or gods.
You're looking for a philosophy, not a religion
>>
>>17229638
>does not follow a god
>doesn't deny logic and science

So basically you just want to hang out with a group of people who aren't morons?
>>
What do you mean 'Buddhism was like that long ago'?

Look into Thaoism.
>>
>>17229638
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism
>>
>>17229665
"Religion can exist without God. The original Hindu version of Buddhism, before it mixed with Taoism, does not require a God. It is a philosophy of life that states everything is just a result of conditioned states, and we must peel back those states to free our souls.", that is what i thought it was.
>>
>>17229670
Yes, but not Stoners, radical atheists/religious people (or anything really radical desu)
>>
>>17229679
>>17229682
Thank you both , though i'm not personally *left* liberal, i am liberal. (Australia: Liberal National Party)
>>
>>17229700
>The belief in and worship of a supernatural controlling power, ESPECIALLY a personal god or gods.
Animism doesn't have god but still is a religion.
>>
>>17229731
It's hard to put what i'm thinking too words, a religion that follows science, has no power that is to be worshiped, but is a group that believes in certain things, supernatural would be anti science, but paranormal would co-exist with science (Beyond the scope - not breaking the laws of science) idk, i probably sound like a fucking stoner, but i'm not.
>>
>>17229738
To edit this, basically a group of science based followers that follows paranormal *things* over worshipping supernatural/un-scientific beings, powers, etc
>>
>>17229739
>> 4chan.org/x/
>>
It honestly sounds like you are agnostic. Basically giving no shits if there is or isn't a god, but not being a dick like an atheist.
>>
you could always pursue something like paganism or wicca...
>>
>>17229863
Instead of god you're only replacing with it symbols like nature or "mother goddess" What would be the point?

> i know Buddhism was like that long ago

Just because something is dated doesn't mean it's any less relevant. The converse also holds true (read Scientology)
>>
Buddhism doesn't have a god, and it's still very much so a religion today. Take a look at it, it's about accepting the world for how it is and how insignificant we are in it.
>>
>>17229638
Unitarians and Quakers believe in God but don't stress that aspect. They are more into taking comfort and inspiration from communion as a congregation.
>>
>>17229638
Have you tried Feminism?
>You must believe without evidence that the devil exists and you have original sin, or else you're a Satanist, there is no third option.
>You must believe without evidence that the patriarchy exists and you have male privilege, or else you're a misogynist, there is no third option.
>>
>>17230229
>>You must believe without evidence that the devil exists and you have original sin, or else you're a Satanist, there is no third option.
Funny that you should mention Satanism, because Anton LaVey's Church of Satan seems to fit OP's criteria fairly well. Despite the name, they don't worship Satan or anything else.

They chose the name because they respect the archetype Satan represents, but they treat "Satan" only as a convenient shorthand for naming the archetype, not as a god. Most don't believe that the being described in the Bible even exists. Indeed, most would probably describe the Biblical figure as quite stupid. You worship and pay homage to the supernatural/paranormal only to the extent that you find works for you. (Most of) the Biblical figure's antics clearly work against him, which is counterproductive and therefore idiotic. But he does have the famous name, so there you go.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.