[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it strange for my best friend to be an online friend who lives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wavy horse mane.jpg (115 KB, 470x668) Image search: [Google]
wavy horse mane.jpg
115 KB, 470x668
Is it strange for my best friend to be an online friend who lives in another country and he is of a different gender than me?
>>
>>17229540
>strange
no

just for the sake of humanity, never ever think of doing long distance relationship, because it will break you like anybody else.
>>
>>17229546
Why do you say that ?
>>
>>17229546
>never ever think of doing long distance relationship
Oh I don't have feelings for him. He swears that he doesn't have any feelings for me too so I guess he was telling the truth?
>>
>>17229540
Yeah, it's a bit uncommon, but definitely not bad.
>>
>>17229556
>it's a bit uncommon
Not OP but is it really? I've heard of such stories. Uncommon as in guys and girls being close friends, being close friends with someone aboard or what?
>>
>>17229562
The combination is a bit uncommon - guy + girl friendship often ends up with one of them getting feelings for the other. It happens more often when one of them doesn't have great social skills and is overall emotionally immature (which happens to be the case with people who make a lot of friends online) - if a girl/guy gives you attention and it never happens to you, you get feelings or them beside not having real reasons to think they'd be a good partner.
>>
not really i guess
>>
Strange as in somewhat unconventional, yes.

Strange as in
>oh shit nigga, what the fuck are you doing?
No. It's perfectly fine. Stop worrying.
>>
>>17229540
I really wish I was that friend
>>
File: 1373582659645.jpg (74 KB, 935x858) Image search: [Google]
1373582659645.jpg
74 KB, 935x858
>>17229540

>Is it strange for my best friend to be an online friend

Yes. The internet has raised a generation of kids who socialize through a screen and you're just another sperg floating in the pond. Its sad.

Go outside and make some real friends.
>>
>>17229690
keked
>>
Nobody cares
>>
>>17229575
What do you mean by emotionally immature?

I'm talking with someone long distance right now and I'm helping them with all of their emotional struggles. Does that make them or me emotionally immature?

In a sad autistic way I'm incredibly stoic in that I don't really have strong emotions. I haven't cried or felt like crying in years
>>
>Is it strange for my best friend to be an online friend?

Not only is it strange; it's unhealthy. Online friends aren't friends. They're often friendly, sure... but no substitute for actual human interaction.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.