[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gf doesn't love herself. She's accepted it and claims
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nomib7xx0o1rnjby6o1_500.jpg (80 KB, 480x471) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nomib7xx0o1rnjby6o1_500.jpg
80 KB, 480x471
My gf doesn't love herself. She's accepted it and claims that nothing (therapy) works for her except booze and pill popping to temporarily ease the pain. I love her and I want to be there for her. It's a struggle because she can't love others without loving herself. I used to be depressed so I can understand where she's coming from.

Is it reasonable for me to stay with her, hoping/believing that she will be better in the future? Should I just be patient? I don't want to give up, but is it worth the wait? She really is a keeper, I don't want to let her go, she is too special to me. Help /adv
>>
File: feels.jpg (76 KB, 524x960) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
76 KB, 524x960
I think you should find things your GF enjoys (aside from drinking and pill popping) and do those things with her. Cook food together, walk outside, volunteer, play vidya even.

P.S. your GF is doing it wrong, she isn't even adding weed into the rotation?
>>
>>17229155
There's plenty of guys in that situation these days cause due to the pressure of fashion and weight ect there's always something there to put them down and these things add up , you as a person can do little more for how she's feeling you as her boyfriend I guess give her compliments on a regular basis and you enjoy making love to her which alone is helping her along a small bit , if this attitude towards herself continues it isn't going to go very Well and more than likely get worse , you will regret not getting out of the relationship as if she carries on like this the relationship will become volatile and you'll start wondering why you didn't get out earlier , if you leave she's forced to pick herself up and try sort herself out as she will want another boyfriend and will want to start being more sociable , basically if this continues for your own her good get out of there
>>
>>17229155
MINI GOLF MINI GOLF MINI GOLF MINI GOLF
>>
>>17229155
>Itt ugly girlfriend problems
Fuck off with your failed abortion problems
>>
>>17229155
Hi Op,
I want to give you hope. My girlfriend was like this for 18 years. It took 2 years of hard dedicated everyday loving, genuine deep meaningful comments, a lot a lot a lot of taking care of her during panic attacks, and suicidal episodes. But I love where im at, my girlfriend still hates a lot of parts of her, but she will cry maybe once a week because she can love herself. She says I did that for her, you just have to sit by and not force it down her throat. You can't reverse 10+ years of a mindset without a lot of work. It's up to you Op, I was lucky ebough to have a girlfriend who cherishes love as much as I. If she loves you and you love her then stick with it until you feel appropriate. But just a side note there were plenty of times I felt I had gone too far down the rabbit hole, but I continued on and made it feelsgoodman.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.