[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up..I got into college, but my SAT score was to low
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: colt.png (73 KB, 661x496) Image search: [Google]
colt.png
73 KB, 661x496
I fucked up..I got into college, but my SAT score was to low to correspond with any math class, so I had to take a placement test, fucking cheated on it to good and got put in applied calculus, which is like 2 classes above college required math..They say for anyone who gets 1 or more class above there SAT score has to retake it at the college(Probably to see if they cheated) I have around 48 hours before student orientation and that test..what should I do?
>>
Scratch that, I have maybe 24-30 hours left
>>
What happens if you don't get a high enough score?
>>
>>17229119
You have to take remedial classes
>>
>>17229122
So take remedial classes. How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>17229122

Learn the fucking math in the remedial class. What do you think college is for?
>>
>>17229131
They're a necessary evil, but I understand how bullshit they are. You don't get credit for them. They're pass/fail. So you waste an entire year or more in classes that don't do anything for you except tutor you in math. Then you get to move on to a math course that counts toward your degree.

It's better to study for the placement test and ace it/test into non-remedial courses.

OP, my college let me retake the test after a wait period. Sometimes it's a whole semester, other times it's just a week or so after your first attempt at the placement test. So study up what you can, try to do well, and if you don't, ask if you can retest.
>>
>>17229088
shouldn't have cheated dude
you get what you deserve
>>
I sucked shit at math when I was in high-school but turns out I just didn't have a good base for my math skills.

I did horrible on my math placement exam for my CC.

Suffice to say, I started in Pre-Cal and even that was hard for me but I managed to do very well in it. Just finished my 2nd year at that community college. I took Linear Algebra and I got a B in that shit. Yeah I started with remedial classes, but half of my class, who started at Calculus, dropped linear algebra.

Starting at such a low math class allowed me to strengthen my base for math.

Don't study for your placement test. You're not supposed to. Why would you want to study just to pass that test and then get placed in Calculus, where you don't know shit?
>>
You don't HAVE to take the placement test retard, and you can ask to be put in a lower class. You're 18 now, start acting like an adult with free will.
>>
>>17229199
Your right..I guess I am just embarrassed about when the school sees that I might have cheated. I will lie and say it was a harder or different test..
>>
>>17229205
> I will lie and say it was a harder or different test..

As if they won't know you cheated.... lmao. Your only option is to not take it and ask to be put in a lower class.
>>
>>17229205

Say that you studied for that one but you didn't for this one because you wanted to get an accurate reading of your math skills or something lol.

Don't be embarrassed dude. This is your future. At this point you should stop caring about what others think and worry about yourself.
>>
>>17229213

THIS

Never-mind my solution up there. Just start at a lower class. You won't regret it. You will fail if you don't have a good understanding of math fundamentals.
>>
>>17229213
>>17229214
>>17229217
Alright..thanks guys. I will probably just say I used a graphing calculator and looked at notes or some shit if the disparity is that large.
>>
>>17229236
idiot. don't take the test, you'll be denied acceptance/re-enrollment for cheating
>>
>>17229246
You know what, fuck it, I'm keeping my mouth fucking shut. If I fucking fail the test and get 1 answer right, I will say it was pure luck if I have to.
>>
>>17229236
A graphing calculator is allowed, and looking at notes is cheating, so how does that help you at all?
>>
>>17229255
SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
>>17229250
Clearly OP isn't intelligent enough to handle this situation. I've given my advice, he can flounder if he likes.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.