[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going on my third day treating strep with antibiotic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (1 MB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 346x360
I'm going on my third day treating strep with antibiotic and it's been getting worse rather than better. I can't swallow anything, not even apple sauce, and there are white patches everywhere down my throat. The pain is unbearable at this point, I haven't been eating or drinking enough. Ibuprofen and other methods have been extremely useless. Wat do?
>>
>>17229218
this, and also it can turn into scarlet fever which is super unpleasant.

go to the fucking doctor.
>>
Keep talking the antibiotics, and go back to the doctor.
>>
>>17229222
It sounds like he might of already went to the doctor.

I'd advise
1. Drinking really, really, really salty water like every 2 hours. Not sure if it helps, but it sure makes me feel better.
It'll burn like hell and be unbearably salty, but don't spit it out.

2. Drink hot tea with lots of honey in it. The honey has properties which helps with strep and the hot tea is really soothing.
Probably the best short term option for pain relief.
>>
Wait, don't drink the salty water

Gargle it

My b senpai
>>
>>17229225
if symptoms get worse rather than getting better after beginning treatment w/antibiotics and painkillers you're supposed to go back to the doctor. like, universally.
>>
>>17229225
Medfag here

Don't fucking drink it for christ's sake you'll get dehydrated and shit your brains out.

>>17229228
This, go back to the doctor tomorrow morning.
>>
>>17229228
yeah, but strep is known to kind of be worse in the middle of things. To OP - I drink hot tea. Really hot. I'm not a fan of sugar like the other anon, but the heat really helps open up your throat. It'll kind of hurt to swallow the first few times, but it totally relaxes your esophagus and helps with the pain considerably.
>>
>>17229237
Read the thread before giving life-threatening advice. OP said he's noticed new symptoms, not just more pain/swelling.
>>
The antibiotics you take are not working. Go back to the doctor asap and tell him about your new symptoms. If hes not a cheap ass he'll do a swab to test which bacteria you have sitting there and give you different medication.
>>
>>17229244
Medfag again. This. People need to stop fucking posting this dumb irreverent "you're fine" shit, it's dangerous and stupid. OP needs to see a doctor first thing in the morning.
>>
File: minecraft.jpg (998 KB, 2600x2061) Image search: [Google]
minecraft.jpg
998 KB, 2600x2061
OP, I have had strep many times in my life and once I was told by a doctor that if my antibiotics do not work I need to return ASAP as it is likely that I have mono, not strep. You should go back to the doctor that prescribed you the antibiotics.
>>
Thanks everyone. I plan to go back in the morning. I literally can't swallow anything at this point, I tried taking more ibuprofen earlier and almost choked it back up.

The doctor at first already seemed to imply my case was bad, but I was not expecting it to get worse after beginning antibiotics.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.