[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realization that Everyone has a Story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: thelandscape.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
thelandscape.jpg
265 KB, 1920x1200
You are the main character—the protagonist—the star at the center of your own unfolding story. You're surrounded by your supporting cast: friends and family hanging in your immediate orbit.

Scattered a little further out, a network of acquaintances who drift in and out of contact over the years.

But there in the background, faint and out of focus, are the extras. The random passersby. Each living a life as vivid and complex as your own.

They carry on invisibly around you, bearing the accumulated weight of their own ambitions, friends, routines, mistakes, worries, triumphs and inherited craziness.

When your life moves on to the next scene, theirs flickers in place, wrapped in a cloud of backstory and inside jokes and characters strung together with countless other stories you'll never be able to see. That you'll never know exists.

In which you might appear only once. As an extra sipping coffee in the background. As a blur of traffic passing on the highway. As a lighted window at dusk.
So /adv/ give me your input... Do you have days in which you realize this? That you are just part of the city/town scenery in other peoples lives? Give me your thought on this whole matter of "Everyone has a life as vivid as you."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkoML0_FiV4
>>
Yes, I've thought about it quite often in recent years, more in the context of how becoming good friends with someone makes both of you "absorb" a good part of each others stories.

Also imagining my life as a story in a book or a movie and me as its protagonist really motivates me.
>>
>>17228681
My wife and I had a good long run as the stars of our own shoujo manga. Kickass manga, too. Just one problem: the best shoujo manga are the ones you'd least like to live through. We got our happy ending, though.

Now we live on as supporting characters in the various and sundry spinoff series centered around the people who were supporting characters in our own series. And truth be told, we both prefer the support side of things, for the moment. Get some rest from the limelight.
>>
yeah and sometimes I think of how many years of experience I see walking on the streets
>>
Yeah, i also like to think about when you part ways with a person youve been friends with or even just acquaintances with, how youll most likely never see this person in your life again
>>
>>17228963
I like this, very intriguing.
>>17229097
I do walk every now and then around the block and I see how everyone around me has grown and aged just as much as I have weither they have been 10+ years or younger. We as a collective world, get up everyday and live life exactly like the other person one way or another.
>>17229783
I like to think of meeting someone then never seeing them as just another chapter of the book of your life. Not necessarily playing role in the theme and overall message but contributing to the amount of things you experience over the years.
>>
I have thought about this a few times, I just sit there and think about or see someone and I start thinking where they are right now or what they are doing, what they are thinking and what are their worries, what are their plans and what happened to them in the past, etc
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.