[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to have a kid but my long term relationship (6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1353445319819.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1353445319819.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
I really want to have a kid but my long term relationship (6 years) ended two months ago. I was really excited to have a lil girl or boy but now that has been thrown to the wind.

At the same time, I am torn as to whether or not bringing a child into this world is a good idea. I think it's time to forget about it and move on.

How can I turn off this desire to be a father? I know it's easy for some people by thinking about how much freedom you get or how much money you save, but I genuinely would like a kid to raise. This dream needs to die for the time being anyway.
>>
>>17228619
I'm not sure.
Man who has desire to be a father > man who does not
>>
>>17228619
Just wait for the right girl, anon. You will know when. Unless you're like 50, you've got some time.
>>
>How can I turn off this desire to be a father?

Spend a couple of weeks taking care of a newborn 24/7
>>
>>17228623
Is this actually a desirable trait that women consider?

>>17228626
I guess I'm going through that stage where I thought I had the right girl, then she fucked me up bad.

>>17228627
The thing is, I think I would enjoy looking after a newborn. The inherent potential of a child is a beautiful thing to me and having a positive impact on it during developmental stages would make me feel like I at least did something great with my life. Or maybe I'm just masochistic =/
>>
>>17228627
It's not really that bad unless you're a breastfeeding mother. Then it's awful.

My maternity leave was the worst 8 weeks of my life.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.