[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obsessed with work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: feels good.png (28 KB, 957x751) Image search: [Google]
feels good.png
28 KB, 957x751
Who were is obsessed with work? All my friends are gone for summer and I just kind of realized I have no ohbbies. Usually when I wasnt working I'd hang out with them. Now that they're gone for three months I don't know what to do when I'm not at work. I love my job, its gone to the point where I sign up for over time on my days off simply to keep me from getting bored because I don't know what else to do. Anyone else have this problem?
>>
There's not really a problem, you're getting paid to do something you enjoy, you're living most people's dream tbqh
>>
I like my job, but I also have more video games than I could play even if I was unemployed.

What do you do for a living, OP? Tell us in detail about some of your work.
>>
>>17228483
Maybe, but everyone needs a hobby outside work, I don't think it's healthy to only work. I play vidya occasionally but it gets boring. Don't really know what else to do.
>>
Yeah, nothing wrong with it. Definitely beats being stuck with a job you hate and have to try to do anything to escape from.
>>
>>17228488
>everyone needs a hobby outside work, I don't think it's healthy to only work
If you're happy with life right now as it is, you don't have to feel obligated to find something else because that's the way it "should" be.

If you get tired of working, then it'll happen naturally that you pick up something else to do to fill that extra time.
>>
>>17228486
I'm a tattoo artist. We make our own schedule and are paid off of commission so there's unlimited opportunity for over time. I like it, you hear people tell stories all day while you put art on them.
>>
If I have projects to work on then I really love my job and enjoy working literally non-stop all day and would work 18 hours a day if I could, but I'm only allowed 12. I get in at 6 AM so I'm off at 6 PM and still have plenty of time to get things done if needed. Besides, I'll rest on the weekend or do what I need then.

I don't have too many hobbies outside of work but the ones I do have require a lot of money, mostly messing with my car, so working a lot correlates with being able to enjoy my hobbies, and like I said I have plenty of time every weekend to play.

You don't need a ton of hobbies. Just ones you enjoy. You do need to be able to do something else other than work all the time though. So on the off chance other opportunities for hobbies or partners come up in your life you aren't so obligated to your job.

In my early 20's I made the mistake of caring about work too much and got in horrible routine. After a couple years I was miserable. Luckily I broke the cycle.
>>
>>17228496

I'm biased against people who get tattoos. I imagine someone who continuously makes bad decisions in life. Please shift my crappy attitude by telling me about traditionally successful customers. I mean someone with loadsofmoney, no vices, and an attractive & sane wife.
>>
>>17228515
I've tattooed a lot of cops, I'd say they don't make bad life decisions, a lot of white college girls get kind of stereotypical things like flowers or birds on their feet, it's kind of weird but whatever. Gave a tattoo to a county commissioner once. He got his daughters heart beat tattoo'd on his ribs. Not many bad people come through and I turn away gang members.
>>
>>17228530
I equate cops with gangsters, but I appreciate your feedback anyhow.

>I turn away gang members.
How do you know? Their tattoos? Do you receive death threats when you turn them away?
>>
>>17228515
I've considered getting a tattoo. I make a pretty good salary. Enough to own a 2,000 sq/ft home in a nice neighborhood and a brand new sports car. I work out 6 days a week, don't smoke or drink. Yeah I've made some poor life choices in the past but I wouldn't be where I'm at today without learning from my mistakes. I'm 30 by the way. No offense and I'm not taking a jab at you but my life is probably more in order than yours.

My brother is a few years older than me and has pretty much all the things I have plus a wife, who is a teacher, and two kids. He's got a bunch of tattoos he got when he was younger that he regrets.

Yeah I know some morons who have tattoos. Deadbeats, junkies, and losers. But frankly tattoos don't define who you are as a person. Quit being ignorant.
>>
>>17228538
We know who the local gangs are and what their tattoos are. All of them so far have just kind of been like "oh well I guess I'll go somewhere else then" when I say no. I'm a pretty large guy so I think that might equate to it.
>>
>>17228543
I'm also a 30 year old successfag. "Considering" a tattoo and getting one are entirely different. I've considered doing a line of blow off of a call girl, but I probably won't do that in my lifetime. We have impulse control, and that's what separates us from people with tattoos.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.