[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Growing Distant With My Girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>We talk almost daily for a year
>We are very loving and open. Everything feels amazing.
>Now whenever we talk on skype or phone she awkwardly leaves with "be right back" or "gotta go."
>She dominates the conversation with stories of her friends.
>She randomly told me she gets jealous when others talk to me.
>She has to tell me when people compliment her, yet I tell her how beautiful she is.

What's going on? Why do I feel so cold when we talk? I love my girlfriend and I just don't get why she's been acting so distant and cold with me. Yet she tells me she adores me... I'm confused. What do?
>>
Suck a dick black fat cock and then jump off a building or roof................................
>>
Honestly I've had a situation like this with a LDR.

>Now whenever we talk on skype or phone she awkwardly leaves with "be right back" or "gotta go."
I usually got this when she would go and "talk" to someone else. She would go talk to this one dude. I was naive and thought they were just on friendly terms. A month later, I'm single and she's with him.

>She dominates the conversation with stories of her friends.
This seems like a lack of respect. Are you too nice? Do you apologize a lot? Etc.

>She randomly told me she gets jealous when others talk to me.
>She has to tell me when people compliment her, yet I tell her how beautiful she is.
She wants her cake and to eat it too. She tells you people compliment her to make you jealous. As for the you calling her beautiful thing I'm not sure. Maybe it goes back to respect and she doesn't feel it's genuine.
>>
>>17228461
Yeah I don't get the random "brb" messages and never coming back until the next day...

Nah, I don't apologize. I just kinda listen and attempt to make conversation while she goes off about life.

I get it, I mean she lacks confidence. We were very flirtatious with each other and she just doesn't respond to it anymore. I asked her a few weeks ago if we'd move in together after school and she simply said "I don't know." which is odd because she went off about wanting me to live with her before... I feel like she's holding back and I want to move foreword with the relationship.
>>
>>17228492

>asked her a few weeks ago if we'd move in together after school and she simply said "I don't know." which is odd because she went off about wanting me to live with her before

Yeah, definitely sounds like you're drifting. I've been in a similar position (on her side) and it sucks. If you want I can try to explain how I felt at the time.
>>
>>17228512
LAY IT ON ME SENPAI
>>
>>17228520

ALRIGHT SIT DOWN KOUHAI IT'S STORY TIME.

Based on my own experiences, I don't think she's necessarily trying to make you jealous. She might be realizing she's drifting (maybe just subconsciously) and in denial about it.

Basically, for me, I had recently found a new group of friends, and I was smiling and laughing with them more than I really ever had with my bf. I was so excited about them and I probably dominated conversations with him with stories about them too.

I think I started to realize this, but I didn't know what to do. We had been in the relationship for so long, it was just part of the daily routine to talk to each other every day, and we said all the time that we'd move in together after school and get married or whatever. That's how things were supposed to be, because we were a couple and we loved each other. I didn't want to shatter that dream that we had held onto for so long.

But then it started becoming awkward. I started responding slower and being online less because I didn't feel like talking to him as much anymore. Sometimes I wouldn't text him until hours after I woke up, whereas previously it was right away. I was less enthusiastic about our future plans, just like that line I quoted: previously definite answers turning into "I don't know" because I really didn't know anymore.

I knew that my answer was supposed to be yes, that I *wanted* to stay together and keep loving him, but you can't force yourself to love someone if you're just not feeling it anymore. I knew I couldn't say yes, but I didn't know if I could say no, so everything turned into "I don't know" until the next time we met irl and it was awkward as hell. We broke up after that.
>>
>>17228520

(part 2)

Like, I felt really confused/guilty because he was *supposed* to be my future husband, that's what we had agreed upon. I didn't want to be falling out of love with him, but it was happening whether I wanted it to or not, because part of me was realizing I could be a lot happier without him.

And it just sucked because I was caught in between "why stay with someone if you don't like them anymore and waste their time" and not wanting to break it off and hurt his feelings, thinking maybe I could salvage it after we were together irl again. But actually, that was the nail in the coffin because I just couldn't return the same physical affection anymore.
>>
>>17228644
Sounds familiar lol

I've only been in one LTR, off an on for a couple years.. But the growing distance thing is universal in almost any relationship. If someone is growing distant, honestly, the best thing to do is to focus on yourself and give them space. They need time to figure their stuff out and while you need to look out for your best interests, they need to look out for theirs. As you focus more on yourself, you'll have fun stories about your friends you can share with her too. If you try and cling to her more or put more energy into it it'll probably just drive her away further, but if you take a step back, she'll either A) Realise what she's missing out on, and start *missing you* (if she's not coming back after a 'brb', it means you're too available to her, she can take advantage of that without even knowing it). Or she'll realise that she needs to do her own thing, and you two can move on. But if you focus on her more, you'll just be more hurt if things go south.
>>
>>17228665
Yeah. I've been on the receiving end of that, and just saw my two best friends go through the 'I no longer love you' type breakup. It's rough, but it's liberating to be out of a draining relationship.. But you sound like a cool cat OP, you'll be fine
>>
OP here, after reading these stories I'm not too worried. Regardless of what happens David Bowie will always be there in my heart. So yeah, I'm not worried just gonna let things slide and give it space. See what happens.
>>
>>17228674
Yup, really good advice here.

>>17228749
Good man.
>>
LDR never ever ever works out, i'm sorry
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.