[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a somewhat made-up question, but i guess i really fucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image%3A402542.jpg (22 KB, 630x320) Image search: [Google]
image%3A402542.jpg
22 KB, 630x320
This is a somewhat made-up question, but i guess i really fucked up.
I behaved like shit towards a good person, because i was a dumb fuck.

Then i googled some stuff and it seems she has Marfan syndrome.

Abnormally high, long finders, frail health, scoliosis, speech deficits, used to complain about pains in her body.
Also she is an only child from a family of musicians.

Am I being dramatic wikipedia-reader or is it highly probable?
She is 19 and despite being social is depressed and stays at home am i overthinking anything?
>>
I don't know if i should apologise or never bother them again to hurt more.
>>
She has loving supportive family and parents, so it's not family issues.

Marfan syndrome has life expectancy of 30-40 years and it would be horrible if such a nice person have had this terrible fate.
>>
Any medfags here?
>>
I don't want to wikipedia this because I know I'll briefly freak out and wonder if I have it.
>>
None of that explains why you would be mean to someone with Marfan syndrome.

Don't tell me you lectured her about her body pains being imaginary.
>>
>>17228489
Marfan syndrome (MFS) is a genetic disorder of connective tissue. The degree that people are affected varies. People with Marfan's tend to be tall, and thin, with long arms, legs, fingers and toes. They also typically have flexible joints and scoliosis. The most serious complications involve the heart and aorta with an increased risk of mitral valve prolapse and aortic aneurysm. Other commonly affected areas include the lungs, eyes, bones, and the covering of the spinal cord.
It also can have severe migraines.

You would have known if you had it, anon.

I did cruel things to this girl and i thought that she'll shrug it off, but i am not so sure now.
Wish i could redeem myself however she hates my guts now, i was a scum.
>>
What even is this post? What did you do? What does her having Marfans have anything to do with anything?
>>
>>17228493
I was a sociopathic shit in childhood, even my parents cried at how heartless i was. No kidding. They told me how cruel i was, and i really fucking was constantly cruel.
That girl was nice to me and suffered the same fate, i betrayed her a couple of times. Her kindness rubbed in me even i still depressed her so much.
Why am i such a shit.
>>
>>17228504
Are you sure? Because I'm a pretty thin 6'2" dude who is pretty decently flexible... although no migraines and I dont think I have scoliosis.

Also as per your problem I think the best course of action would be to make a sincere apology and maybe tell her that you're aware she might still hate you and you're not looking for her forgiveness. You just felt really awful about it and needed to apologize.
>>
>>17228519
Also I forgot to mention that you should not contact her again after apologizing. Maybe she never wants to hear from you again. You can't fault her for that. If she wants to talk to you then she will initiate.
>>
>>17228509
Ugh... i lead her on, partly unintentionally. I thought i'll apologise to her somewhere in the future when we both will have normal lives. But i may not see her again. And people don't usually want to date people with genetic disorders and she must have been self-conscious all her life about that. Pregnancy is highly risky with that condition, for example.
>>
>>17228533
that's what's happening now.
and it's the most severe fuck up i have had in my life.
>>
>>17228551
So you did apologize anon?
If you did, then that's all you can do. It sucks but we only have so much control over the world around us and we have to accept the consequences of our actions. Whether or not she accepts your apology you're going to have to deal with the fact that you made someone who you describe as being so kind feel so terrible about themselves. And at some point you will have to forgive yourself for doing so to move on, and most importantly, learn from this experience to be more empathetic towards others.

P.S. I looked it up and am no longer worried I might have it.
>>
>>17228516
you should try suicide
>>
>>17228576
Thanks, anon, i have been too self-centered throughout my life and i don't think i deserve to be happy now. i feel pathetic for asking for comfort for this whole situation.
How could i screw that up so bad.
>>
>>17228582
Thanks, anon, too, i am taking it to the account. it'll prove what a sociopathic shit i am if i do it. was thinking about it many times, because of minor issues.
if i screw up with my own life too i'll fucken do it

if not i'll try to redeem myself and do something good, i was an insufferable little shit for too long
>>
>>17228610
My personal opinion on the concept of "deserving-ness" is that nobody deserves anything. Whether or not you think that's true I'll let you decide for yourself but think about this - who decides who deserves something? Some higher being? Society? Random strangers that are spectating? No. It's those who can give you something you desire that determine whether or not you are deserving of what you want. You are free to decide to some extent whether or not you want something. And even if you're not, there are some things that people (generally speaking) want that no one person can hold or give to another. Happiness is one of these things. Do you deserve to be happy? No. Nobody does. Can you be happy? Absolutely. The important question is do you WANT to be happy? If you want to be happy, you can take steps to make that happen. In life things just happen, regardless of whether or not someone deserved it or whether people in general deserve anything at all. Happiness and sadness happen too. You can't undo what has happened if you don't like it, but you can make things that have yet to happen either positively impact other or negatively impact others. If you don't like the things that you made happen in the past you are free to change the impact you leave in the future. So ruminate and worry for a bit, because that's a normal in this situation. But try to change in small but consistent ways and realize that eventually you will need to stop ruminating about it and if when you remember what you did you feel a bit bad or a lot bad, know that you can need to let go and focus on what you can do now and in the future.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.