[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently graduated highschool, found a medtronic contract assembler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-18-35-28.png (354 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-18-35-28.png
354 KB, 854x480
Recently graduated highschool, found a medtronic contract assembler opening. Shift is 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. Im going for an skills assessment in a few days. Is this something I should do? What is contract work? Are there better jobs for highschool grads?
>>
Is it something you think you'd enjoy?
>>
>>17228271
Possibly, but I'm mainly interested because of how fast I would be able to get the job. And the fact that it's a full time job.
>>
Coming out of high school, just pick a thing you think you'll like and do it. Don't feel devoted to it, and remember that you can always change to something else. You're in that spot where all things are possible, so as long as you do SOMETHING you like you're gonna be ok.
>>
>>17228300
>Shift is 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
>full time

That's 8 hours, but doesn't account for lunch. Do you live outside the USA? A regular American work day is 9 hours, including a 1 hour unpaid lunch (or 8.5 hours with a 30 minute lunch).

Contract works typically means that you're hired as a 3rd party contractor as opposed to a regularly hired employee. This means that you're not offered benefits like medical or paid vacations. Contract employees typically have a high turnaround too, meaning that they'll hire a bunch of people when they need it and then fire everyone when they don't.

Based on Glassdoor.com, it looks like you'll be working as a cog in an assembly line. I can imagine it would be fairly high stress for your first week or two since you won't have any room to screw things up.

I'd recommend accepting the job, but don't stop sending out applications. You don't want to spend your life jumping from assembly line to assembly line.
>>
>>17228333
My mistake, it's actually to 1:30. I think there's a training period too. What's the probability I could join the company, if I like the job
>>
Also, It says the only requirement is a high school diploma should I take it when I go for the skills assessment?
>>
>>17228390

No, if they need any documents from you it'll be part of your hiring package. They might also ask for a photocopy of your ID and Social Security card. It's a good idea to have a scan of all that info ahead of time and keep it in a safe place that you'll remember. A lot of jobs will ask for it.

The probability of you joining the company might be pretty low. You can ask that question during training. It won't be weird.
>>
Thanks for the info/advice. It Is associated
>>
I'm done.
Appreciated*
>>
>>17228445

No problem, bruh.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.