[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm having a problem with a coworker at work. We used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: q.png (84 KB, 229x347) Image search: [Google]
q.png
84 KB, 229x347
So I'm having a problem with a coworker at work. We used to be good friends I guess, we would sit together for lunch all the time and talk about whatever but then we had a falling out kind of, she was telling other girls at work that I got along with that I liked them and causing me problems with them and ruining my relationship with them. I had no interest in any of those girls or the one I'm talking about. After having problems with those girls I told her I didn't want to talk to her anymore and just started treating her like a coworker you never really talk to, she seemed to get pissed off about it and we eventually had to talk to a manager about our problems and it didn't really do anything.

That was like 2 years ago, now a days I get along with everyone except her. I talk to everyone and help with their work when I can, I like bringing in snacks and stuff to work and I don't offer her any because she just ignores me when I do but she's always welcome to get any if she wants. One coworker even told me she was jealous that I was bringing in stuff for everyone. And when I help my other coworkers she obviously gets angry, she even went as far as going out of her to help them so that I wouldn't even though in the 4 years I've been there she never helped anyone with anything really. I wouldn't mind helping her and I have but she seems to get annoyed that I help her and she did say she doesn't like it that I help her but I don't understand why she would get mad that I help others. We can't even greet each other like normal people, I would still try to be polite to her and greet her but she just ignores me so I don't say anything but she clearly gets upset but when I try to be nice to her she starts greeting me out of nowhere.
>>
>>17228215
cont.

She has tried to get along with me a few times and I've tried to get along with her again a few times but if I don't help her or talk to her enough she starts getting angry and upset, she is really obvious with her body language and her expressions when you talk to her. Recently I tried being really nice to her, going out of my way to talk to her and help her but she also does this thing where she avoids me and it just makes me feel like I shouldn't even bother her because I'm not sure what she wants. I've talked to some friends and since it's mostly guys they tell me she wants the D or stupid stuff like that but she's married so I highly doubt that.

Sorry if this all sounds confusing but I just want some advice on how I can normalize this relationship, she never wants to talk and the one time I did get her to talk a little she just said I aggrevate her and I said what does so I could stop it but she just said nevermind. Maybe I am at fault or maybe her or both and my job isn't anything great but I get along with everyone and that means a lot to me, everyone except her and I'm just tired of this whole game already and want it to stop.
>>
She likes you, bro. Don't matter if she's married or not. She might not be too happy with it and might be looking for someone to distract her.

Why else would she (let's say intentionally) sabotage any potential you might have had with the other coworkers, even though you had no interest in them or her?

Why else would she get angry and upset when you didn't give her your full attention?

Your coworkers are right.
>>
>>17228243
How would I bring up something like that to her then? Do I just straight up say I'm not interested or something? Or what if she really doesn't and I just look stupid?
>>
>>17228269
No, you just don't. Sorry to break it to you like this, but there are just some people with whom you can never be friends.

She obviously demands more attention than you're willing to put out. She wants your lone attention, but you're catering to everyone, that's why she's upset.

I don't know this girl personally, but I'd just keep a safe distance. People like that tend to be toxic.
>>
>>17228287
Alright I guess that makes sense.

I was hoping there was some way to end this, I didn't really care if I ended up being friends with her or not as long as there was some civility between us but if all I can do is keep my distance then so be it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.