[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I being a buzzkill or am I doing the right thing? For the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_m7h8o3SVZj1rziwwco1_500.gif (499 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7h8o3SVZj1rziwwco1_500.gif
499 KB, 500x397
Am I being a buzzkill or am I doing the right thing?

For the past six years, my friends and I have done a 4th of July beach vacation at our friend's condo. We want one of our best friends to come that hasn't made it in the past couple of years. But, my friend always has me make the arrangements for the trip for her. Its her parents' place, and they have a limit on how many people are allowed to come. There's a front desk person and cameras - we can't just let anyone in.

I cannot get this guy to commit to the trip. He's whining that we want to fly. His friend is "bringing a cute girl to town" that weekend. He wants to know why we "really" need to know right now and why he can't just say yes or no a few days before the trip.

His spot could be filled by someone else. We need to make plane reservations, because we don't want to drive. The girl who owns the condo has given me 100% control of all plans and all invites, but people are anxious to book flights because we're less than a month away and they're getting expensive.

Am I a dick if I tell him the offer for him to come on the trip is revoked and we're going to take someone else or possibly not even fill his spot, but he's out?
>>
>people are anxious to book flights because we're less than a month away and they're getting expensive

There's your answer. The trip isn't about him. If he can't commit then too bad. tell him he has until _____ to give you a yes or no answer, then his spot is up for grabs. I doubt anyone is going to give you shit for saving them money on plane tickets.
>>
don't even tell him if he is being non committal I doubt he really cares

just book his spot
>>
>>17227527
>>17227534
This. Fuck that dude and all the flakey cunts like him. So entitled and selfish.
>>
>>17227509
your friend does not want to go on the trip. go without him because airfare only gets more expensive.
>>
>>17227509

Just tell him you need to make the reservations, so if he can't answer now, he'll need to make his own travel plans.

Is that not an option? If he wants to buy his own plane ticket in a week or two for double the price, let him
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.