[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here have any bowel issues? I just graduated high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: toilet.jpg (19 KB, 200x274) Image search: [Google]
toilet.jpg
19 KB, 200x274
Anyone else here have any bowel issues? I just graduated high school and honestly it really messed up a big portion of my senior year. I didn't go to any parties and I would always have to go to the bathroom at least every other period, and always after lunch, even if I ate something light. Teachers would comment on how frequently I left, and any time I got together with friends or to finish a project outside of school, I would always go to the bathroom a few times. Now I'm scared to commit to anything that would require me to stay in a room for a few hours because I might have a problem with that.

I talked with my doctor and she said it sounds like IBS, but apparently that's really hard to diagnose and she said that we'll have to "wait and see" during the summer when my stress is lower to see if I'm impacted differently.

Does anyone here have anything similar or have any ways to cope? I've been taking over the counter probiotic supplements recently and those haven't helped much.
>>
>>17227102
Medfag here. Your symptoms are not normal and your GP (like most of them who get complacent wiping runny noses and prescribing azithromycin 30 times a day) is blowing off your concerns like they do with every other patient.

You probably have Chron's disease. Have your doctor refer you to a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy. If they say no, find a new doctor. Make sure you have them note in the medical chart that they refused the referral, and give specifics as to why. Then, when you're later diagnosed with Chron's, you can sue. (:

Doctors are not nearly as smart or competent as they think they are, or as everyone else thinks they are.
>>
>>17227102
Yeah it's awful anon. I've been to three different doctors and havn't had a proper diagnosis, they did give me some medication but it just didn't work for me.

I usually get by day by day by using imodium as soon as I feel the familiar twinge in my tummy and drinking at least 2 litres of water a day. I don't get it everyday, on average 4 days a week, but on days where it's bad and I don't have any immodium I need to be within 5 mins of a toilet or I'll be in real nasty pain until I can get to one.

Something I've been looking at today is probiotics, some people say a course of symprove can help. Kind of pricey so I'm saving up to try it in a few weeks.
>>
File: 110630-P17198[1].jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
110630-P17198[1].jpg
13 KB, 250x250
>stop eating wheat and sugar
>take this daily
>>
>>17227149
Assuming you have IBS, which is what I think I have.
>>
>>17227144
I already had an endoscopy which is down the mouth, and they haven't found anything. Colonoscopy is up the butt, right?

>>17227149
Sounds rough, man. I'll need to try that imodium stuff and >>17227157

Thing is, it could be so many things. Like, I've heard it could be IBS, IBD, Chron's, etc.
>>
So if there are medfags here, maybe you can shed some light on my condition regarding shitting.

I have OP's opposite problem, I defecate once every 2-4 days.I don't have stomach aches or anything, mind you, and I eat regulary (2-3 meals/day).I don't think having shit in you for this long is good for you, and I would dislike getting colon cancer or some other SHIT.

so what gives?
>>
>>17227182
Eat some damn fiber and go for a jog?
>>
you may have ulcerative colitis. ill be honest, i only read the first post of the thread, but that sounds like symptoms i had. they do have suppositories that help
>>
>>17227201
Oh shit, that increases the risk of colon cancer. Kind of worried now.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.