[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Constipation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 20141013_133127_.jpg (24 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
20141013_133127_.jpg
24 KB, 300x449
Hey, /advice/

I'm not particularly familiar with this board, but I figured that it's the best place to ask for personal experiences with a common medical issue.

I'm currently experiencing what I think is constipation. I havn't had a satisfying shit in the past couple days and my lower left side is hurting me pretty regularly. If I sit still it's relatively painless, but stretching provokes a dull stabbing pain as well as breathing too deeply.

I've been constipated very few times and had to be hospitalized for a particularly bad case so I've got some anxiety about the experience and I'm leery of doctors and the hospital system due to a pretty traumatic experience wherein they thought I had cancer.

The part that bugs me the most about it is the pain when I breathe deeply, but my girlfriend and mother assured me that they've had similar experiences.

If the issue doesn't get any better by tomorrow I'm going to schedule a doctor's appointment despite my wariness. Just wondering if you guys can confirm that it is a normal side-effect.

I'm a 6'1", ~150 lb male. Twenty-four years old. Thanks in advance for the input!
>>
Just looking for a bit of comfort and to avoid catching shit for this post.
>>
Guess I'll just go to the doctor tomorrow after work. Can't afford to miss because it's 100 dollars a day if so.

Really just need someone to pop in and say a "Yes" or "No" if this is regular or not.
>>
>>17227275
Of course not!
>>
Massage your stomache, drink regulary and eat normal amounts of food.

Worst case might be a growth in your lower intestines, causing a blockage. But as long as you aint shitting blood you are still in the clear from that prospect.
>>
>>17227301
just adding that the worst case would be prostate cancer... as constipation is a sign-- but you are quite young... eh, better safe than sorry?
>>
>>17227277
Thanks.
>>17227301
I've had a CAT scan within the past year or so. Diagnosed with IBS combo or whatever. I get the constipation and diarrhea. No bloody/dark/tarry stool, though.
>>17227307
Hm, I had seen some stuff on that, but I urinate just fine and don't have any of the other associated troubles, but if it keeps on I'll definitely schedule an appointment with my doctor.

I should note that it doesn't cause pain to press in on my abdomen. Merely stretching certain ways or breathing in too deeply.

I'm very appreciative of the replies, guys.
>>
>>17227275
Is your life worth more to you than $100?

Constipation is usually joked about, but I suppose it's all fun and games until your intestinal wall gives out and you go into toxic shock.

As the other Anons have said, if this is a regular thing, get it checked out.

To relieve the symptoms, stretch and massage the area, stay hydrated, and eat fibrous foods.
>>
>>17227321
Damn, I mean it's more that I have to pay that money in for a replacement due to the line of work and I simply don't have it to pay. It's not worth my life of course, but I don't quite think I'll skip out on the doctor so long my intestinal wall ruptures. I've been letting out some little rabbit pellet turds and my stomach isn't hard to the touch or visibly red/bloated.
>>
>>17226942
Lots of water and fiber. Figs, apples, dates help me.
>>
>>17227333
jesus christ, rabbit pellets? as in dried shit?
you seriously need to get your system flushed, like there are clinics that will do that in about an hour, do yourself a favor and find that place fast in your region.
>>
>>17227333
Just be careful dude. If you start to develop a fever, or your abdomen swells, you sure as shit better get your ass to a hospital in less than 20 minutes.

ATSS is not a joke. Even with modern practices, 50% of people who get to that point die.
>>
>>17227350
Well, not as in literally dried. Feels a bit weird to get in-depth, but it was just more dry than usual. That's just the slang I've heard used to describe it. It was a hard poo instead of soft-serve.

>>17227367
Understood. I've actually come pretty fucking close before because I didn't have money to go to the doctor or proper insurance and had no idea what was wrong with me. I'm about a couple thousand dollars in debt to the hospital because of it, but y'know.

It doesn't have the burn sensation or anything like the last time it happened. I just havn't had it occur often enough to know if the really deep breaths hurting was normal. My family members claimed it was, but I couldn't find anything for or against it when I checked online.
>>
i had constipation a few times in my life. most of the times i was just very stressed. other times i just ate too much junk food. but you are lucky as constipations are easy to deal with:

you just need to eat a lot of fiber and go running/take a long walk to restart digesting.

i recommend (thats what i did) eating lots of oatmeal with milk. eat two bowls and after 30 mins go for a walk for a few miles. it should be over at the latest within 24 hours
>>
>>17227406
http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/digestive-diseases/constipation/Pages/overview.aspx

If you care to do some reading. The most reputable source you'll find. Though it doesn't say in the symptoms sheet on the NIH page anything about abdominal pressure during deep breathing, I've personally experienced it and can affirm that it's a fairly good indicator of severe constipation.
>>
>>17226942
Hows ur diet? Do you exercise? Running makes me shit, coffee makes me shit, try staying in poop squat position.
>>
>>17227406
When you go to er. Bring no identification with you. Give fake name. Or call ambulance. Tell them you cant pay. Have no id on u. Give fake name
>>
the more information you give the better the chances of finding a cause for your pain.

right now looking through some documents about enlarged spleen that might cause your breathing trouble, as it too leads to constipation.

even if these results arent quite accurate, its still something to discuss with your doctor
>>
>>17226942
You need to drink as much warm water as you can, right now. Then grab a stool or something that you can rest your legs on when you sit on the toilet. You'll want your legs up, as if you were squatting, because it helps to get the poop flowing.

I take medication that causes constipation and this always helps me. I've even thought about getting a Squatty Potty, but I have a tiny trashcan that I flip upside down.
>>
>>17227472
spleen is in the upper left, not lower left.
>>
Really thankful of all the advice, but I've gotta get some sleep before work tomorrow. On the bright side I'm still farting like a champ. If it's not done with tomorrow then I'm gonna head to the ER. I'm really appreciative of all you weighing in.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.