[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ I'm constantly searching for some sort of pleasure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
/adv/ I'm constantly searching for some sort of pleasure to relieve me from life. I cannot go very long dealing with the suffering of doing things I don't like. I feel stuck in a shitty job and I can't move up because when I get home I want to relief my stress by drinking alcohol or wasting time 'relaxing'. I might smoke weed and gorge on food as well. I also I might even get into arguments online about things I care about but that nobody else cares about, because I'm searching for the feeling of reward if I win or prove something.

How do you reduce the need for stress relief and gratification, or at least live with the need going unfulfilled?
>>
Just go for a walk, do something ambitious that gets you out of the house. go to educational courses of some sort.

I drink and smoke like a mofo but know I shouldnt and it just makes me more depressed.
My answer is to go out of the house and do shit I dont want to do, but I havnt quite got there yet. I feel like escaping is bad. I'm not incapable of it, but it becomes less and less appealing as the years go by.
>>
>>17226583
Meant to put this in the first post but actually my problem is I choose to succumb to wasting my time. The pain I get in my chest when I even think of doing something constructive is pretty intense. I am constantly in a state of stress and my objective is always to relieve it.
>>
>>17226572
Weed is probably the least harmful escape (assuming you use a vaporizer and aren't smoking it) short of actually trying to turn your life around.

I'd consider it an absolute last resort, but it can definitely be one.
>>
>>17226628
I have similar issues as you, except it's a feeling of dread instead. My family unfortunately has a history of anxiety and alcoholism. What I do is small things like going outside, stores, etc. Makes other productive things easier to accomplish when I make smaller steps. It's important to realize it's a rut you're putting yourself into and tiny changes can go a long way
>>
>>17226641
I smoke weed but only to amplify the pleasure of eating or masturbating. I don't actually enjoy weed as it also amplifies my stress, anxiety and self-hatred. There's usually some paranoia mixed in too.

>>17226746
Do you get a huge feeling of stress before you take these small steps? I always know that the small step is just a part of a bigger step so it doesn't give me any less anxiety.
>>
>>17226790
Yeah, definitely. For me it's also accompanied by ibs, icing on the crap cake. I try to focus on the feeling that I know I'll have after tasks are complete, which is satisfaction. Then the down time can just be a earned reward. Exercise helps me as well, the main reason I purchased a weight bench recently.
>>
File: Still02_Lamp.jpg (47 KB, 674x284) Image search: [Google]
Still02_Lamp.jpg
47 KB, 674x284
I can relate...was in the same situation a few months ago and happily, my situation is nearly resolved. But Ive suffered for 8 years. keep your head up op...don't take shit from anyone!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.