[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camsites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1463787308876.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1463787308876.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Get ready for a thread that is not about relationships, /adv/.

So, I need some help. There are bots that are scripted to record and upload everything that is streamed on camsites. Little did I know that they literally record /everything/-- private shows included. I thought it was just the free shows that were capped.

My question is this: are there any sites that have a safer interface that doesn't allow bots to capture non-free streams? Feels completely unfair to any viewer paying to see me naked, only to have that show reposted everywhere thereafter. Even sadder, the sites that have capped these shows have you go through a paywall to see them. In other words, they are earning money off of MY content, and the people who have paid to see it.

This wouldn't be an issue if it was the camsite that I use that posted these things, but they are not the culprit here. Neither are paying viewers. It is purely done by bots.
I appreciate any suggestions, both from fellow male and female cammers. Are there any sites that don't have bots recording private, paid shows, or am I yearning for the impossible?
>>
Interesting post.

I think your best bet is to group up with your fellow cammers and demand that the site you operate on fixes the problem themselves. It really is their responsibility and you're the ones getting shafted for it. Demand better service.
>>
>>17226131
I've already sent a message to the camsite, criticising the security. It's been a few hours, no response as of yet. People who make free apps for the site have also criticised that they can't do their job to the fullest due to some "API limitation" that won't allow them to create, for example, true "hidden shows" (paid shows) without the possibility that just about anyone can watch it anyway without paying.. however, I'm not too tech savvy to reference this in detail to the camsite to encourage them to fix it.

I've yet to make any connection to other cammers on there, and so I'm unsure just how many people are aware of these sites. The most I (and others) can do now is try to get a DMCA takedown, but sites tend to ignore these.

The whole situation is just a real shame. I have the option set for private shows to be recorded by the buyer-- and again, it's just not fair on them if bots are recording these shows and uploading them for free.
>>
>>17226149
even if you set it so private shows can't be recorded, if a bot can view the video, it can record it and re-upload it

i'm assuming you mean cb or mfc or some other high-profile site here

there should be no way people can watch private shows without paying, and it's absolutely the site's job to prevent this
>>
>>17226157
>and it's absolutely the site's job to prevent this
And I absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately, if the site doesn't respond to my mail within a few days.. I'm not sure what I'll do. And the complaints by app makers were made 3 years ago! If they didn't listen then, I'm doubtful that they'll listen now.
And yes, I'm on CB. I read the contract before signing it. Only Chaturbate and I have rights to upload and distribute my content.

I also find it strange that they'd let file-sharing sites and paywall-ridden camcap sites get money for something that I am producing for CB (they get 50% of earnings). Just doesn't sit right why a company would let another steal possible profit like that.
>>
File: thick skinned.gif (691 KB, 255x209) Image search: [Google]
thick skinned.gif
691 KB, 255x209
Got one message back from Support. Didn't say anything about the invasion of privacy that is the bots who can record private streams without paying, only asked me to give them the links to the sites that have uploaded my content. I've sent one message back to them pointing out the problem, and a separate email to a real human being in Support.

Again, I would appreciate it if someone knows if this applies to all sites where private/exclusive shows are made, or if there are some who are more secure.
>>
If there is a way for people to watch it, there is a way for people to record it unfortunately.
>>
>>17226563
Yeah.

I get it, though. It's the internet. But if this was at, say, Twitch, and I was doing a private broadcast (been a while since I streamed there but if I recall, you could actually do this) and I'd still be just as angry if bots were capturing my supposed-private streams.
>>
DMCA takedown is best
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.