[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help. tomorrow I have an interview for a PhD scholarship.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1424966132517.jpg (164 KB, 620x849) Image search: [Google]
1424966132517.jpg
164 KB, 620x849
I need some help.
tomorrow I have an interview for a PhD scholarship.
How do I talk about myself ? What should I say ?
Should I say my name at start or what?
I suck at interviews. I don't want to miss this chance.
Any advice is really appreciated
>>
Explain to them that if you get this scholarship it will go a long way towards you being able to whip your dick out while exclaiming "the doctor is in the house" non facetiously.
>>
>>17225939
>I suck at interviews.
1) Go sleep early.
2) Take shower so you don't smell.
3) Don't forget to put on some clothes, especially pants. Man without pants is man without respect :-D
4) Don't be late, enter the right place / room, say what you want, who you are, sit down and wait for instructions...

You should know why you want to become PhD, because they will most likely asks you this. You can't fail this.
>>
I've built a robot in my finale year project. Should I take it with me ? Or would I be a show off for that?
>>
For what kind of PhD do you need to do an interview to get a scholarship? Are you trying to get one from your institution, or from a third party?

I just sent in my application and got an assistantship, no interview required.
>>
>>17225998
third party
>>
bring the robot and tell them you won't show it to them unless they give you the scholarship
>>
>>17226057
that gave me a good laugh. Thanks
>>
>>17226062
Bargaining power, my friend :).

In all seriousness, I wouldn't sweat the details too much. You're interviewing for a STEM scholarship, not a sales position; they will be far more concerned about your interest in and knowledge of the field than your interview skills.
>>
>>17226070
so robot or no robots?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.