[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kissing Cousins.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 332x443
What are your opinions on cousins dating? I mean 2nd or 3rd cousins. There is a theory called the Westermarck effect, which states that relatives (siblings, cousins, etc) living in domestic proximity during the first years of life are desensitized to sexual attraction (i.e. If they grow up together they will not find eachother sexually attractive), however if they are brought up separately and meet later in life as adults, they may find eachother extremely attractive. I have personally experienced this, before learning of this theory in a tv show, and then researching it in my Psychology degree. I told my best friend that my cousin and I have feelings for eachother, and she accepted it simply because I'm her best friend and I've always been a bit outside the circle haha, I'm 20 by the way. His brother, who is also my cousin, has feelings for me aswell. I feel they are more sexual though, whereas with his older brother, we want to be together emotionally. Does all of this sound crazy? And what would you do if you found yourself in the same situation? Would your family accept it? Have any of you experienced this? (I also feel like learning of this theory somehow makes it easier, the way learning the name of a mental disorder you are carrying would take a bit of weight off your shoulders)
>>
>>17225929
If you do, don't have kids, their genetics will be messed up.
>>
>>17225929
Can confirm the Westermarck effect as if I hadn't grown up with one of my cousins I'd be head over fucking heels in love with her because she's fucking awesome. However, I don't agree with the whole cousin love thing in general so it works out. However, if it works for you and your cousin, OP, who am I to judge the person you love?
>>
>>17225929
>opinions
Opinions are subjective and therefore doesn't matter, because everybody have different one.

But having babies with blood related partners is proven to have higher risk of passing up some genetic disorders. The chances are still small even if it is mother + son or father + daughter, but still exists even in cousins case.

>http://www.yourgenome.org/facts/what-are-dominant-and-recessive-alleles
Look at it like this:
Both female and male generally has some hidden disorders. But since genes tends to replace "bad parts" with "better" from combination of both, all it mostly matters is the pool you are choosing from. When you are blood related, the chance of both partners having SAME disorder is higher than normal.

So go on OP, shank your cousin if you desire. The chances of your kids having some nasty hidden disorder are low, but still higher than average. Just remember that by doing this you are slowly but surely (statistically) sinking your future generations into oblivion.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetic_disorders
>>
One of the cousins already said as long as we aren't having children he didn't see the harm, but like I said, his older brother is talking about forever, marriage, kids etc etc. I'm fairly certain he mentioned kids a while back, and even if he didn't, he is too much of an amazing man not to have children, by which I mean he wants kids and would be an incredible father. I haven't even thought that far ahead, partly because all my relationships last around 2 months if that, and partly because I doubt very much we would be allowed to be together, if we went public. But alas, there is also the fact that he is quite caught up in his own mental illnesses, which saddens me, but also means that he withdraws alot and does not stick to things, making him somewhat unreliable.
So, I guess I just answered my own question, one that didn't really need to be asked because this will never happen, it will only ever go as far as talking about it.
>>
I find this kind of hot, imagine the fun of hiding it. Secret leg grazes under the table, stealing kisses when nobody is around, sitting so close to them on the lounge that your bodies are touching but all you can do is sit there and feel your heart racing.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.