[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it acceptable to ask my boyfriend what his political party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1295661354802.jpg (59 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1295661354802.jpg
59 KB, 500x667
is it acceptable to ask my boyfriend what his political party is? I don't think he'd care but I'm just worried it's rude to ask.

pic unrelated i just grabbed whatever
>>
Ask him. Where are you from?
>>
>>17225583
In a country were there is no political persecution, yes.

But why the curiosity all of a sudden? What are your pretenses? You sound like somebody who is about to trash is bf just for political reasons.
>>
Bring it up as you're curious and want to hear his perspective

And then NEVER use it against him in an argument
>>
>>17225639
Sooo not the US i take it?
>>
>>17225583
Talk with him about political issues instead of trying to put him in a labelled bucket. Everyone with half a brain will not blindly agree with everything a party has to say and instead agree with some things and disagree with others on a case by case basis.

You shouldn't blindly subscribe to a political label either, it will narrow your mind.
>>
>>17225583
Ask him about an issue, something you are capable of discussing in a calm and even tone. If he answers, ask for clarification as well as why he feels the way he does. If you disagree, discuss your side, but keep it as even as possible. Do this a few times and you will learn a lot about him as a person and how he views the world. This is how you grow as a couple.

Also FUCK THE PARTY SYSTEM! Just because someone likes the idea of people owning guns does not mean they think large corporations should rule the world.

And
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.