[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It dawned on me earlier today that most of the things that make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1465096723410.jpg (30 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465096723410.jpg
30 KB, 960x720
It dawned on me earlier today that most of the things that make me feel really anxious involve trying new things.

Whenever I'm about to do something I've never done before I'm not excited, I'm terrified. All the "what-ifs" fly through my head, I constantly tell myself I don't want to go through with whatever it is.

Isn't trying new things supposed to be exciting? This is really holding me back, because a lot of the time when the opportunity to do something new comes up I just....don't because it makes me so nervous.

What do?
>>
>>17225520
Had this same problem and what I did was had a friend (someone you really look up to during rough times) go and do it with you. Even if its trying new foods or getting on a "scary" rollercoaster you gain your confidence. I did this and I'll try just about anything now. The whatifs still pop in my head but I only think of the good things that can happen
>>
>>17225550
Trying new foods is one of the biggest for me.

Having friends with me helps a little I guess, but not enough. I'm starting to think this is something I should talk to the doctor about. My friends all think I could have some serious anxiety issues.
>>
>>17225577
I am a very bland person
On my burger I only put meat and cheese on it
What you need to do is instead of trying new exotic food like sushi or something go to your favorite restaurant and try something similar to what you would usually get. You will love it 9/10 of the time.
>>
>>17225550
>Had this same problem and what I did was had a friend (someone you really look up to during rough times) go and do it with you.

Don't, this could lead to a dependant behavior that's really hard to shake off.
Sorry to use this expression but you'll have to "man up".

Try with things that you think might be easy, expose yourself to this sort of experience slowly and it'll be less difficult with time.
>>
>>17226329
The issue is I feel like my mind is on auto pilot while it happens. Everyone tells me to just clear my head and not think about it it it feels damn near impossible
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.