[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just moved into my first apartment and I have literally nothing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image-482453-galleryV9-qiwy.jpg (145 KB, 850x636) Image search: [Google]
image-482453-galleryV9-qiwy.jpg
145 KB, 850x636
I just moved into my first apartment and I have literally nothing. I'm sleeping on an air mattress and that's it. No chair, table, etc just an empty apartment with a mattress on the ground.
I make a decent amount of money so I will be able to afford furniture, but my job just started. What do you guys think is the best order to buy things in? I need:
>table
>chairs
>bed frame
>nightstand(s)
>lamps, kinda dim in here
>TV stand
>desk
>couch

Also where should I be looking for this stuff? There are thousands of sites online and I have no idea what to use. Please respond
>>
What country OP? Don't you need a fridge?
>>
>>17225456
http://www.search-for-apartments.net/rentalguide/apartment_supplies.php
>>
Don't know about anywhere else but my city area has a store where people dump their old shit and they sell it. Some non-profit type thing. Look for stuff like that. You would be surprised by the quality of furniture some people with throw out.
>>
Do you actually need furniture now. Do you have anyone to impress or prove something to by having a fully decorated house?
I would wait until you are fully economically stable and have a fund built up to buy shit with, otherwise you might have a bunch of furniture to pay to move or scramble to get rid of when shit goes south.
>>
>>17225456
Curb alerts, garage sales, goodwill. That should be plenty. If you live near a military base or know friends that are in the molitary, ask em to keep an eye out for anyone getting reassigned and having to move, you can get some decent stuff on the cheap
>>
>>17225456
Also, what's going to be your monthly spending income after all your bills are paid
>>
>mattress for good sleep
>bed frame
>comfy chairs/sofa
>coffe table/tables
>TV with some form of entertainment

Lamps, wall clocks, wall decor, nightstands, and other small stuff like that to your discretion.
>>
>>17225456
Also, what city are you near?
>>
>>17225488

Could do futon though. More space for OP.
>>
My local Amvets store sells furniture. Probably cheap too.
>>
>>17225815
And I would get a couch first then a lamp or two.
>>
>>17225456
Spend real money on a good bed, from a reputable store. Everything else can come from discount stores, Walmart or even used stuff from charity shops.
>>
Just go to IKEA online and buy a rolled-up mattress, a basic couch, a $15 coffee table, and use the boxes they come in to hold up your TV.

It will only cost you like $400 in the end and then you're done.
>>
>>17225456
Slowly piece it together from Craigslist finds.

It's just an apartment, your first one, no need to get a whole new setup of furniture.

Get some lightly used pieces for decent prices, and put together your pad.

In my last apartment, we went through about 3 different couches, all from the free section in Craigslist.

In my current home, I bought a 500 dollar couch off craigslist.

Or, if I wanted I could be spending 50 bucks a week for the next 10 years at rent a center. It's really not a tough choice for me, don't go in debt over furniture, mate.
>>
>>17225471
what is the store called?
>>
Don't buy anything used because bedbugs
>>
>>17226144
>Just go to IKEA online and buy a rolled-up mattress
Worst thing I have slept on in my entire life. I was about to set the thing on fire while it was still in my apartment.
>>
>>17226792
In the US you can go to a store called Savers or the Salvation Army/Goodwill stores. Good stuff cheap.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.