[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I tell if a guy is into me/wants to date me? He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
How can I tell if a guy is into me/wants to date me? He's very shy so there is no way he'll tell me directly. Should I just ask him? Is there any sign I can look for to know I'm not going to be frienzoned?
>>
>>17225190
Holy shit ask him and take initiative. It's 2016, you women destroyed all natural order of gender polarity between men and women so act the fucking part. Ask him. Make a move. Stop expecting that just because he's a guy he has to be some suave outgoing mother fucker.

You all made your bed now fucking sleep in it.
>>
>>17225190

my advice? just be brave. i wouldnt ask directly, id make a move. maybe you think it sucks, but idk, i get katnis everdeen vibes from a girl who is bold. maybe thats dumb, but thats the way i think. perhaps this shyer anon will think the same way. maybe you can be his manic pixie girl. or whatever trope you wanna throw out there.

id start just by being a bit more rubby on him. if he doesnt go for anything after two weeks, id just kiss him myself.

but im a fucking faggot so what the hell do i know
>>
>>17225194
>>17225195
Well yeah I want to make a move, I was just asking if there's something I can look for that gives me hope I wont be rejected. He's a dear friend to me, so I don't want to ruin things either.
He blushes a lot when we're alone but that IDK.
I'm pretty shy myself so approaching him is difficult.
>>
>>17225228

you have the same dilemma men have. which is tht you cannot have your cake and eat it to.

telling him risks ruining the friendship. not telling him risks ruining your chance at romance.

id just do it. make a move. tell senpai you want him to notice you.
>>
>>17225190
Go for it, dude!
>>
>>17225190
If you're not fat, just asking him and never cheating on him will, most likely, lead to a successful marriage and a lot of offspring.
>>
File: Face_of_Praying_Mantis.jpg (258 KB, 850x781) Image search: [Google]
Face_of_Praying_Mantis.jpg
258 KB, 850x781
>>17225190
Invite him over for a film. Ask him if romaticfilm.mkv is ok or if he prefers something else.
Cuddle. Have sex.

...rip his head off and eat him.
>>
There's no such thing as a shy man who wants to date you. Even the most spaghetti spilling nerd can still do something as minimal as asking you to have coffee with him at a cafe.
>>
>>17226363
Yeah, this comment right here is what I'm thinking. I've had experiences where all the signs were saying "I want you," and none of it turned out to be true, so don't go assuming anything. Have a dialogue and a course of action prepared if he says no or gets very confused.
>>
I once had crushes on guys who would flirt back with me, compliment me etc. but never asked me out. I used to think they were shy. However, the real reason why they never asked me out was usually because a) they already had a girlfriend but we're enjoying a novel source of attention b) single but not interested enough in me to ask out on a date c) player who flirts with every girl d) closet gay who's trying hard to look straight. I'd say forget about this guy if he hasn't gone out of his way to show you his interest in you.
>>
Before giving any advice I would like to get some more information about what your relationship with each other is like.

A little more info about both you and him in general would also be good.
>>
Don't ask him out, if he is not even confident enough to show attraction for you and do something about it, he is not worth it.
>>
>>17225190
kek, just remind me of this chick that has 5 dudes in the friend-zone.
>>
>>17226734
>>17226395
>>17226363

Bullshit.

Shy guy here.
I never make a move. EVER.

Been called "creepy" one too many times and gave up.

Doesn't mean I can't have feelings or shit.
Just means I struggle to show them, like there is a mental wall blocking me or something.

But shit, if my crush at work made a move n me, I'd be all over that.

If you like a guy ask him out, you have alot less too lose than he does. You aint gon' be called "creepy" or treated like a sex pest/pariah. It aint gonna knock you down the social ladder.

Because guys are fucking nice about rejection.
Best rejection I ever got was a girl laughin in my face.
>>
>>17226810
/thread
>>
Ask him, my 1st gf purposely told one of my friends that she likes me. The next day she straight up told me. I am extremely shy and for her to do that there was no way I could say no.
>>
>>17226810
Same.

It feels like whenever I come here the only replies I see are "Dump him/forget about him/find someone else".

It doesn't feel like anyone is giving any actual advice, it just feels like everyone wants to feel better about themselves not being wanted so they try to make other unhappy.

This is probably a known fact already but Im new here so eh.
>>
>>17226776
still waiting OP
>>
>>17226810
The worst that could happen to a girl who asks a guy out is her being used by him because she can't gauge his real level of interest in comitting to her.
>>
caught a girl staring at me and she quickly averted her eyes

is she okay to approach?
>>
>>17225190
Quick question, OP

How old are you and the guy in question?
>>
>>17227127
I guess, but most people will avert their eyes, it probably depends on the timing of it... There's no harm in trying.
>>
>>17226871
Sorry, I had to go to bed.
>>17226944
I had this happen before, it made me feel like shit. Don't give false hopes to a girl you don't want to commit with guys. Seriously.
>>17226810
That sucks, having a girl laughing at you. But thanks, you sound a lot like him. To be honest I find his awkwardness cute as hell.
>>17226776
He's a friend of a friend, most of the time we talk online but lately we've been hanguing out (with other people) and it made me realise how much I like him. I don't think he had a relationship before.
>>
>>17227607
Sorry, replying to myself. Should I wait and ask him out in person?
>>
>>17227621
Go for it. From what you've said, it sounds like he's into you.
Report back with results, it's always nice to hear a success story. Gives hope to other shy guys around here that sometimes, girls actually are brave enough to make the first move.

>>17226363
>>17226734
Total horseshit, like the other anon said. Get some life experience (ie graduate middle school), then come back and give advice to others.
Reminds me of a GP that said he'd never seen a patient that was afraid of needles. Gimme a break.
>>
Ok listen to me. I haven't even read any of these people said. But I'm the shyest fucker out there. If he can easily talk to other females and other people but around you he gets all shy again, there is a very high chance he likes you. You need to tell him you want to hang out outside of work or however it is you know him. You have nothing to lose. Go get him tiger
>>
>>17228143
Just because shy guys exist doesn't mean it's horseshit when guys aren't interested.

>single but not interested enough in me to ask out on a date

That's a completely valid reaction. Don't tell me you'd say yes to every single person that asks you out. You can be nice to someone without being interested in them.
>>
>>17228299
Of course it's possible for a guy not to be interested, but it's downright absurd to pretend shy guys don't exist at all. This is god-awful advice:
>There's no such thing as a shy man who wants to date you.
>forget about this guy if he hasn't gone out of his way to show you his interest in you
That kind of thinking leads to missed opportunities and regrets: many, many anons on here can speak from extensive, personal, painful experience there.

>>single but not interested enough in me to ask out on a date
>That's a completely valid reaction.
It's a valid reaction to consider that a possibility. It's stupid to just assume it, though.
>>
>>17228476
Yeah, that's true. I agree with you about it being bad advice in general, I just didn't want to discount that possibility.
>>
>>17228143
>>17228226
Thanks for the encouragement! Next time I see him I'll ask him out and hope for the best. If this >>17228299 is the case then well I hope we can still be friends.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.