[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 6' and 145 pounds, yet my face still looks "fat."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
I'm 6' and 145 pounds, yet my face still looks "fat." Is there anything I can do, or is surgery the only answer?

Someone already suggested getting a tan, but every time I try, I just turn red because of my Irish genes.
>>
>>17224951
Stop being insecure of your own face.
>>
>>17224951
How old are you? If you want a more "manly" face, start lifting.
>>
>>17225908
It's just that I made a goal when I was around 175 that I would improve my face but it's discouraging that not much has changed.

>>17226001
I'm 18. I've heard people on /fit/ say that losing weight is supposed to help your face but lifting won't do much for it. Have you had a different experience?
>>
>>17226906
Your face will still mature into its adult shape.
>>
>>17226924
I was just worried because many of my peers are growing these full beards (mine only grows in blond and patchy) or they have decent chins and jaws already. Plus, I've seen 30 year olds similar to me and I don't want to go down that path.
>>
I'm 24 and just started growing in facial hair properly. It is attractive to women your age, but as you get older a clean shaven man is more attractive because it is a sign of responsibility and good hygiene. Also as stated your facial structure isn't done shaping up. If the picture you posted is you then you're judging yourself too harshly. You don't have a fat face.
>>
>>17227015
Thanks man, someone on /tv/ said so and I was worried because I've pretty much considered my face fat since elementary school. Kind of sucks that I'll have to wait until facial hair is unattractive to be able to actually grow it. I'm thinking the only thing I can really do is focus on lifting for my body but I seriously doubt it's going to do anything much for my face. I also worry because I think I'm experiencing symptoms of low testosterone, but I'm getting that checked out in a few days.
>>
>>17227035
Just don't worry about your looks so much and work on having a personality and interests that others can relate to. I've seen fairly attractive women with men that most would consider sub-par in the looks department. Why? Because they were pleasant people to be around. It isn't a miraculous hollywood movie scenario either. The more you expand your hobbies, especially social ones, the more people you meet and inevitably there will be men or women you may be interested in. You already share a hobby with them so you've got common ground and something to talk about.
>>
>>17227070
Thanks anon. To be honest, the reason I care so much about looks isn't because I'm trying so hard to get laid (though I wouldn't decline the advantages that come with being handsome), but I actually want to get into acting and I feel like my chances being cast in projects are greater when I look better. I was half-seriously considering surgery as a business investment.
>>
>>17227084

I'm not gonna knock your dream and discourage you, but I'll say that it is a high standard. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you do not live in LA or New York then it's gonna be rough. No famous actor that wasn't born into it just took a star role right off the bat. They worked their way up into it and what's more important than your looks is your presence and personality. There are plenty of average looking schmucks that made it big simply because they dominate a room by being in it. If you're a tabletop fan then think of it like Charisma in D&D. It isn't directly related to your looks, but your force of personality.
>>
>>17226950
>all of my peers
You mean the ones you notice because you want a beard so you think about it
>>
>>17227105
That's true. I don't live there but I'm near a big city so that's why I'm still keeping the dream alive. I'm just thinking that I'll do small projects like student films and maybe act in stuff locally like commercials and such, then build up a huge resume before even thinking of relocating to LA or NYC.

>>17227106
That's actually true, never thought of it that way.
>>
>>17224951
>I'm 6' and 145 pounds, yet my face still looks "fat." Is there anything I can do, or is surgery the only answer?
How are you built mate? The only way I can picture you looking "fat" is you're on a tiny little frame. How does your head compare to the rest of you?
>>
>>17227269
Well my neck is somewhat thick... and long.
My stomach is actually sticking out a bit, which is worrysome, but I'm hoping that goes away by losing a bit more weight. My hips are a tad bit wide, which sucks, but I can't do much about it. Really though it's hard to tell when I have a shirt on, and the only outward problem is my face, unless of course I go for a swim at the beach.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.