[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Match.com and E-Harmony better or are you just paying fo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_10475-images-68929811.png (4 KB, 415x121) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10475-images-68929811.png
4 KB, 415x121
Are Match.com and E-Harmony better or are you just paying for the same shit as OkCupid and Tinder?
>>
>>17224717
It depends on what you want.
>>
>>17224722
Not OP, but can you elaborate?
>>
>>17224717
By paying for a service it weeds out the weirdos a little better.
>>
>>17224717
>>17224722

I've had one for about 3 months now. Had one date with a catfishing fat chick, got ghosted on at the last minute by another girl. I get lots of matches daily but most of them are uggos or fatties. Online dating rules for guys still apply-you spam messages and get 1 response out of 20.
>>
>>17224810

I take that back somewhat- there are a substantial minority of cool girls on there, but it still like 75% whales or uggos. Also the cool girls get spammed with messages obviously.
>>
>>17224717
Tinder is not a dating app. It's a hookup app. The developers have been quite open and honest about that.

This is important to understand, because it illustrates why dating sites, free or otherwise, are fundamentally different from something like Tinder or Kik. This doesn't necessarily guarantee better results, but it IS a different approach, and this may yield different results.
>>
>>17224810
Most women catfish on dating sites. They're almost always much heavier in person.
>>
Finding a date offline is so fucking hard. Time to develop female robots Ex Machina style.
>>
>>17224999

Checked and I agree I just want someone even if it's a robot :)
>>
Just don't. Online dating is so fucking ridiculously skewed in the favor of women its insane.

Don't ever waste your time with the trap that is online dating.
>>
I am just out of a relationship, tired of dating friends of friends and such.

does online dating actually lead to long term, happy relationships?

is there a better site that caters towards that?

how does one design a profile for best results, blatant honesty or tasteful euphemisms?
>>
Don't bother with any of them. Online dating isn't about dating, it's a place that dumb cunts go to so they can inflate their egos by having men (usually) flood them with messages.

Go outside instead. Real life is 90% the same thing where women do fuck all and get guys left and right to inflate their egos, 8% landwhales who've passed the point where nobody wants to give them the time of day, and 2% decent women who genuinely want to have someone special in their life. That last 2% is worth trudging through the rest of the crap but with online meetups that group of women for all practical purposes doesn't exist.
>>
>>17224717
EHarmony tends to have people who are very serious about looking for a long term relationship. Their introduction system tends to lead to fairly formal or serious writing that doesn't really give much indication about someone's personality.

One of my friends had a lot of luck with hooking up on match but there's such a problem with dead accounts there. I use okcupid, have met some pretty good women off there.
>>
File: tmp_19215-0c22806d-542450538.jpg (43 KB, 338x315) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19215-0c22806d-542450538.jpg
43 KB, 338x315
>>17225047
>Meanwhile women literally complain about people being attracted to them
When the people attracted to them are people like you, Boner-Boy, it's hard to blame them for complaining. In their shoes, I'd complain.
>>
>>17225149

Do you have a life man? I see you in almost every thread on here posting about your arch rival or something.
>>
>>17224717

The cost will filter a modest amount of people that are there for the attention. The pay-based sites offer you a pool that is generally a little more serious and looking to make something out of online dating. You'll also have a higher average age because high school and college kids are far more likely to gravitate to the free version of just about anything.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.