[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memory loss after fainting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
M. and my gf have been together for around 6 months, its mostly a LDR because she moved to another country with her folks some time ago but comes here every holiday.

She has white cell deficiency - forgot the medical name, sorry, basically she bleeds really heavily when she gets hurt, is hit much harder by blood loss, bruises easily, etc. - now, she is currently on her period, as in blood loss. A couple days ago she went to take a nap, then when she woke up she got up to go for a glass of water and fainted on the way to the kitchen. No real wounds gotten from the fall. When her folks got home they rushed her to the hospital.

She woke up a few hours later, told me what happened and we talked over kik for a while before she went to sleep(it was pretty late at night). The next day(yesterday), I get a message from her sister who was using my gf's kik; apparently she grew worse during the night and fainted again, then when she woke up she didnt remember alot of things, her parents spent 40 minutes making her remember who they were. At some point she apparently started asking about her ex(with whom she broke up about a year ago) like they were still together, and when her sister told her about me she didn't remember anything.

Any insight on significant memory loss after fainting, or any insight at all?

(feel free to ask for extra details or clarifications)
>>
Whatever happens it sounds like you need to fly out there asap.
>>
>>17224600
Be around her if possible, and skype, call, text, in that order as much as possible.
She'll likely recover significant portions of recent memory over time.

In most of these cases, it's like a hard drive with half the block table erased: the memories are still intact, she just can't access them, but may be able to after being prompted by something other than what she was using to access the memory before the accident.

Do you know what her actual condition is, ie why she has a low WBC count (leukopenia)?
If you don't know, consider asking at some point, many of the causes of that are kind of important for a boyfriend to know.
>>
Honestly, if this had happened one week prior or later, that would have been the first thing I would have done, but I'm right in my exam period right now so I can't leave for another week.
>>
>>17224813
In reply to
>>17224622
>>
>>17224658
Thank you for the HDD analogy, it made stuff clear, I need to help her "map" the memories.

And after a bit of scrolling I found the name; idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.