[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will drinking coffee and beer frequently fuck up your body?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 0489012412.jpg (39 KB, 697x240) Image search: [Google]
0489012412.jpg
39 KB, 697x240
Will drinking coffee and beer frequently fuck up your body?

I only ask because they are opposites.
>>
this guy I work with does this. He canes homebrew nearly every night and then is up at 7 for work and will have about 4 coffee's before 10. He farts and shits like a motherfucker and is a cunt to be around if he's in my office. He shits in the disabled toilet (which is my preference because I can watch myself pee due to mirror placement) and he ruins this.
>>
>>17224540
>homebrew

Just fire the guy.
>>
>>17224531
moderation is key young grasshopper. i personally don't have a problem living without either anymore
>>
As long as you understand that caffeine and alcohol do not cancel each other out and their effects will compound on each other and not in a good way if you have them together.

If you only have a little and space them out, you should be fine. Especially since beer is pretty low on alcohol level. But having them together is bad news, and the stronger they are when you have them together to more it fucks you up.
>>
>>17224540
>He shits in the disabled toilet (which is my preference because I can watch myself pee due to mirror placement) and he ruins this.

I have to say I laughed pretty hard.

>>17224531

Drinking alcohol frequently (4+ times a week, multiple drinks) will give you a fatty liver, which is unhealthy. When you liver breaks down ethanol the quickest and easiest thing to do is store it as fat. Obviously being bloated with fatty globules interferes with your livers normal business. This can predispose you to liver issues in the event of disease or medications that normally only have minor effects on the liver.

More severe drinking eventually leads to liver cirrhosis. This is due to cells being so overloaded with fat and stress it causes inflammation, the same kind you get when a cut turns red and sore and swells up. The inflammation brings in white blood cells that attempt to clean up the extra fat and dead or dysfunctional liver cells. This can still reverse itself if you stop drinking.

If you keep kicking your liver while it's down, chronic inflammation will eventually cause the buildup of scar tissue. Basically your white blood cells go into "wound healing" mode. The problem is scar tissue isn't liver tissue, and it can't turn back into liver tissue, which means that now part of your liver is permanently useless. If this happens over enough of your liver, congratulations, you're dead - unless you can get a liver transplant. Obviously cirrhosis doesn't occur until you're a true alcoholic, but it's important to know the consequences.

From normal, non-drinking baseline, about 1 week after binge drinking, your liver is right back to normal.

Caffeine is much less dangerous. It stimulates blood flow to the prefrontal cortex; more blood to the brain is a good thing. That also means you brain will get more alcohol faster if you've been drinking. This basically accelerates the intoxication of normal drinking - all the side effects, good and bad, will occur faster.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.