[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My best friend told me she's always had feelings for me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1460670560398.png (384 KB, 631x720) Image search: [Google]
1460670560398.png
384 KB, 631x720
My best friend told me she's always had feelings for me. The problem is I've had a girlfriend for a year.

I rejected her and she was quite upset but she didn't stop being my friend. Afterwards things got kind of awkward between us. She doesn't want to be around my girlfriend anymore and whenever we're together she can't even look me in the eye anymore.

Eventually I confronted her and told her I just wanted to go back to normal and she told me we can't because she'll always love me and she wants me to pick her over my girlfriend.

I'm in quite a pickle. It's not that I dislike her or anything, she's very pretty and we get along well but I like my girlfriend a lot too. She's a really nice girl and I don't want to betray her.

What should I do?
>>
Tell your best friend that you're ready to be her friend when she's in a place where she can happily be your friend and not want to be your girlfriend. Until then, it's better for both of you to not be in touch with each other.

You can pretty it up but she's going to hate you. And anything else you can do will only make it easier on yourself and harder and more extensive for her.
>>
Imagine this scenario:

You break up with your gf to be with her instead.
After a month or 2 your new gf breaks up with you.
Now you lost both of them most likely.

Stick with your current girlfriend, and let the other girl know you are happily taken and she can't change that.
However you would still love to be friends with her.

Just make it clear for her, don't be a pussy OP.

Good luck.
>>
You have to choose.

I was once in your gf's shoes. My SO had a best friend that was a girl for years, and she tried to break us up in the same fashion. Your gf can feel the tension and probably knows something is up. The sooner you pick the better it is for everyone.

My SO obviously picked me, but he completely cut her off because she wasn't a friend in his eyes for doing what she did. No friend would put another friend in that position.
>>
>>17224315
This. If she was a decent friend she would do one of two things. Suck it up, stop putting herself in a position to have feelings for you (no more flirting, one-on-one time, less physical touching- even innocent touching, less intimate conversations- whatever drew her to you) or tell you she could no longer be your friend because she has feelings for you and bow out gracefully.

Instead she said she doesn't want to be around your girlfriend because she wants the things you do together to be private and more relationship-like and she wants you to be with her. That's not the kind of thing a person you want as a friend does.
>>
>>17224284
Open relationships are the best. ¿Why not be polyamorous? It's nicer
>>
>>17224284
Open relationships are the best. ¿Why not be polyamorous? Good luck.
>>
>>17224293
This sounds like the healthiest thing
>>
>>17224430
I'm sorry I repeated -fucking captchas-
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.