[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want to lay down and die. I have no friends, nobody to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1446478456208.jpg (134 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446478456208.jpg
134 KB, 2000x1000
I just want to lay down and die. I have no friends, nobody to care about me. I'm about to become homeless. I don't know what's stopping me from changing my life, but I keep being miserable.
Anybody have an answer to this?
>>
if ur at emergency point with homelessness u could contact a parent or relative to stay with them or you could start camming on chaturbate (they accept all genders) to earn money, some popular models make £50k a month on those sites
>>
>>17224033
This is going to sound ridiculous, but I think you should try looking at the bright side of things. Life is tough, it always will be, but it's never permanent. It'll blow over, unless you simply decide to give up on yourself!

So.. what would a bright side be? Personally, I've always wanted to travel around, living out of a backpack, but I've been too afraid of leaving the comfort of my home. If I were on the brink of becoming homeless, then what would I have to lose? I'm already where I would otherwise end up, so I might as well pack a bag, take whatever money I had left, and go out to explore. I'd have to beg on the streets, I might even have to steal, but I'd already have hit rock bottom, so maybe that wouldn't be so bad, as long as I got to travel, at least for a little while.

Isn't there something you've always wanted to do, but been too afraid to?
>>
>>17224087
I will become homeless in a month or two. I have no money right now. I could get a job to save some money to go travel, but I don't know why I'm not doing it. My brain keeps me in place. I know I'll be miserable without money, probably have to beg, but I hate myself so I don't care. I keep procrastinating instead of getting a job.
>>
>>17224129
Don't hate yourself. There might not be much to love, but it's definitely still worth doing so.
You are exactly who you "were meant to be". You can never change, only settle. Live your life to its fullest, despite the limitation you've set for yourself.

If can't/don't want to get a job, that's fine. It's your own life, but you have to accept the consequences. That's what I did. I quit my job, dropped out of school, and started chasing my dreams. Luckily, my girlfriend supports me, but I still worry every day. I have accepted the consequences, because even though they're there, I'm still happier than I was before.
>>
>>17224144
>You can never change, only settle.

But you will never be happy if you don't progress in life. That's probably why I'm miserable, I stay in my comfort zone and just can't escape. I don't know if that's depression or whatever.
>>
>>17224170
> But you will never be happy if you don't progress in life.
You'll never be happy if you can't settle, either.

> I don't know if that's depression or whatever.
Meet up with a professional. Seriously.
>>
>>17224191
>Meet up with a professional

No money. What now? Should I give up?
>>
>>17224206
> No money.
You had me confused, for a moment, until I realized that you're probably not Scandinavian.

Isn't there anybody, family or friends, who'd be willing to help you pay for it?
>>
>>17224219
>>Isn't there anybody, family or friends, who'd be willing to help you pay for it?

Absolutely not. Have you missed the part where I said I have nobody? I've been living in poverty with very small scholarship I received from college, but I stopped going due to depression and anxiety. Now I have a month or two at most until the funds run out.
>>
>>17224206
Do whatever the fuck you want. And I'm not saying that in a jaded, mean way. I'm saying it in a "Life is ultimately pointless, and anyone who says otherwise is either brainwashed by the media or too stupid to understand it, so go out there and do literally whatever the fuck you want, because chances are, nobody's going to stop you" kind of way. If you want to give up, then you're free to do that. Starve to death on a streetcorner if you really want to. But if you're suddenly having a change of heart, then go do something. Apply to Mcdonalds or something. Fuck it, apply everywhere. Get a cheap basement apartment and start from there. Reach out to everyone who doesn't actively hate you, and ask for help. Maybe you can crash at their place for a little while. Maybe they can lend you enough to get back on your feet, if you promise to pay them back. If you want to kill yourself, then kill yourself. But if you want to survive, then fucking survive.

That takes care of homelessness. On to happiness. Remember what I said before, about doing whatever you want? That applies even more to your mental health. Do what will make you happy. Live in the woods for a month, go bungee jumping, walk up to the most pretentious looking, overly well dressed cunt you can find, slap her in the face, and see how far she chases you. Taking a lesson from a very old book called Illusions, by Richard Bach, everyone is free to do, whatever they want to do. You're free to run an entire sidewalk of people over with your car. And the cops are free to chase you the fuck down and imprison you, and you're free to run to Mexico and change your name. You're also free to surrender, and they're free to shoot you on sight. We put laws in place for ourselves, and then fool ourselves into thinking that they're real, like gravity or the passage of time. The only real rules are the ones we make for ourselves. Cont.
>>
>>17224237
So if you want to give up, then give up. Nobody's going to stop you. But if you want to be happy, then go forth and do whatever it is that will make you happy, and don't settle for anything less.

Also it sounds from the thread like it might be a good idea to move to Norway.
>>
>>17224228
> Have you missed the part where I said I have nobody?
Most people say that, but it's rarely the truth.

I'm sorry, but I can't do anything for you. Go do whatever the hell you want, but don't regret whatever decision you make. I wish you the best of luck!
>>
>>17224237
>>17224240

I have this "guilt" that prevents me from taking life into my own hands. It's very real, I know I can do whatever I want, but I'd feel like a piece of shit for not pursuing success. At the same time, I feel like I'm not adequate for pursuing success so it's a whole shitshow. How can I get past that?
>>
>>17224283
This is going to sound harsh, but in my extensive experience with having the will to live slowly sucked out of my from several directions at once, loud and angry is generally the only thing that really gets through when all else fails.

To get past your guilt, slap yourself in the face and do something anyway. The more you do, whatever it is (and at this point I'd recommend starting small), the easier it will be. Nobody ever said life was going to be easy, it sucks donkey cock. But at least you can take some small consolation knowing it sucks just as much for everybody else. So go out there, as difficult as it's going to be, as jaw-clenchingly painful as it's going to feel for putting yourself out in public, and try your ass off. Because sooner or later someone's going to notice you, and then you'll have a job, or a girlfriend, or just a friend, but something to work off of. And from there, you use that one thing as your anchor point. Whenever life is getting really hard to live, even if it's for no apparent reason (trust me I've been there), you can tell yourself "well at least I've got money taken care of, I could live here for years if I wanted to and nobody's going to stop me" or "well at least I'm not alone in this, I have someone somewhere to talk to". I know you're going to read that and just wish you had one or both of those things, but it's not that easy. It's not going to fall out of the sky and land in your lap, you have to search for it. Just know that once you're done that, the hardest part is over.

Grab onto your nuts and jump out of the moving train that is your depression, because nobody's gonna push you.
>>
>>17224317
Damn, the way you talk is amazingly motivational. I'd love to have a friend like you.
I will start small and see where it takes me. I was always searching for something revolutionary to have a trickle down effect and give me a boost of motivation, but I guess that's just impossible. Thank you for making me realize that.
>>
>>17224347
It comes from a long life of being almost impossibly depressed. I can literally guarantee that more awful shit has happened to me in any 2 years of my life than the rest of the people in this thread combined, and for some reason, I'm still here. I'm honestly a little drunk right now and I toggle between thoughts of suicide multiple times a week, so I need something to keep me going (other than whiskey, that shit can get expensive).

And that thing is the knowledge that a) it couldn't possibly get any worse, b) everyone else is more or less just as miserable as I am, and c) there are actually things worth living for in this world, but you're not going to have any of them if you decide to make toast in the shower. I find that the third one is by far the most relatable.

So bottom line, it means a lot to me that I'm actually helping, and I wish you luck. You can do it anon, but you're not going to get anywhere by giving up.
>>
>>17224347
I think that stagnating and passive behavior is what is holding you back. Like the other post said, no one is going to push you.

If you keep waiting for that life-changing event, you'll just slowly wither away and become bitter.

Starting with a change, indeed, however small, is where you start, but you have *start*.

Most of all, fail! Don't be afraid to fail but try again. Try again, try again, try again. Buy a guitar, try some chords, be miserable at it, but pick it up again tomorrow.
Go outside for a walk, and look at people. Don't avert your eyes.
Lean to be comfortable with yourself, by allowing yourself to step into the world and realizing you have every right to be there, just like everyone of us.

Good luck, good anon. You seem like a swell motherfucker :)
>>
>>17224384
>>17224391
Thank you guys. It feels good to know someone believes in you, even if it's anonymous.
>>
>>17224444
That's why I do it, feels good knowing that you're making someone else feel good.
>>
>>17224444
http://cdn1.inspower.co/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/flat800x800075t.jpg

Glad to help :)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.