[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wizard'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: feel_nogrfld.png (180 KB, 300x423) Image search: [Google]
feel_nogrfld.png
180 KB, 300x423
/adv/ halp. I'm a twenty-something guy who's unknowingly fallen for a high schooler. We met online and have talked for a few months, texting, spending a lot of time together etc. Of course, this was all done under the belief that she was of age and a graduating senior, which I believed. However, just a few days ago she revealed that she's in fact younger and is not even graduating high school. She also lives very far away and still not close to finishing high school. Thing is, I really like this girl and I don't want to lose her--she's a friend, a companion, the first person to show appreciation in me in years. What's more, I'm not just your typical twenty something, but a friendless, outcast, wizard apprentice without any kind of social support, so having her by my side has really helped me in more than one way. I see the non-trivial difficulties in wanting to pursue this relationship but I don't want to lose her either. As of right now, she's just waiting for me to make a decision.

I just don't know what to do /adv/--how do I fix this? How can I overcome these barriers without hurting myself or her? What would be the best thing to do? Such a difficult situation...
>>
>>17223867
>What's more, I'm not just your typical twenty something, but a friendless, outcast, wizard apprentice without any kind of social support,

That's like half the site.

Just shoot yourself or break it off, you retard.
>>
>>17223867
just wait until she's of age? seems pretty simple honestly, considering the fact it's an LDR. should be alright as long as you don't sext her or some shit.

Or break it off and act like a retard.

Either one works.
>>
Just an opinion:

you are a loner looking for support, you need someone, it may be unfair to pursue relationship for that reason, it always end reeeeeaaaaly bad.
You may stay friends though, and give each other support that way without later toxicity and drama coming if you were in ship.

You could go for it, weren't you foreveralone type, but I really recommend overcoming your own ronery issues befor going for something serious with anyone - if you really want to avoid hurting or getting hurt.

Age difference even adds the difficulty, you are at two phases of life and it's much easier to fuck it all up.

or maybe you are just caring guy and I wish you both luck as a future pair but if it's your first it mostly never works out, especially with such kid, never hurts a try though, once you get burned you'll learn more about ships and go on. She too, just try to end it up as a friends too and make it civil when the doomsday comes.

A kid pessimist for you here.
>>
>>17223867
If you don't want to break it off, then don't. I probably wouldn't if I was an outcast like you. As long as you don't trade nudes, you're fine. It won't be long till she's 18 anyway.
>>
>a female lied

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>17223910
Cos you're gay?
>>
>>17223867
Don't pursue a relationship, dumbass. At least not yet. She's too young.
You can still be friends though, of course.
Maybe reconsider the relationship idea when she's in college.

>>17223896
>it always end reeeeeaaaaly bad
This is too pessimistic. Sometimes it works. Especially when the loner isn't alone as an antisocial coping mechanism, but alone for some other reason.
>>
>>17223904
>>17223889
OP here. I'm more of this thinking too, but there's still a few years for that to happen. LDR of a few months is fine, but years? It's unfair on both of us, specially because she constalty tells me how lonely she is yet has guys hitting on her on a more-or-less regular basis. I know that under different cirucmstances she'd have a bf within a few months.

>>17223896
Well, sure, but that's not why we met or why I'm talking to her. I really wish I could just 'overcome' my outcast issues but 99/100 people always treat me like shit or downright reject me. And no, I'm not autistic in the real or maymaey definition of the word--people are always just assholes to me. I know if I let her go it will be years before I meet anyone like her again--it's really not a trivial thing for me.
>>
>>17223949
>And no, I'm not autistic in the real or maymaey definition of the word

You are at least autistic the maymay definition of the word, don't fool yourself.
>>
>>17223958
Nope. I grew up a normal, sociable child all the way up to high school. I can talk to people just fine and I'm not anti-social. In college it's when people started treating me like shit until I got tired of the constant rejection and just avoid most types of people. I know it's hard to believe, but I recieve animosity even in strict business circumstances such as getting a food from a restaurant. You can tell from their body language, behavior and treatment that they dislike you and would really not want to be anywhere near you, to the point that the service is absolute shit. It's hard to believe to a normal person that has the world smiling around you, but most people are asshole to those they dislike, specially from a superficial physical appearance basis.
>>
>>17223975
Then you are probably mental.

I'm an introverted & withdrawn person who struggles to make himself heard but I know that most people don't like me but they don't hate me either...they have more a sort of polite indifference towards me.
>>
>>17223867
do it. you wont get laid otherwise. accept it.
>>
>>17223988
Nope. There's a little something called 'prejudice' which in my case is exclusively due to looks which I can't change. I'm glad to hear you don't have to go through what I go through, but it's probably because you are average looking or better, like most people. 'Ugly' people get no such pity.
>>
>>17224017
Do you have ass for a face or something? Cos you can get by as long as you're not hideously deformed.
>>
>>17224017
but you can change your looks. and once you get that athlete body noone give a shit about the face. get real.
>>
>>17223975
just do drugs, like holy fuck men.
its not that hard.
>>
>>17224051
Not sure, but whatever it is it's not pleasant to most people.
>>17224038
>just get ripped brah n the wirl is ur royster
/fit/ would like a word with you.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread further. Any advice regarding what I should do with this girl is appreciated.
>>
>>17224108
Not telling you to get ripped but it's clearly not your looks that is making people despise you especially when you claim that you were normal and sociable before.

Keep away from the girl.
>>
Interested in more thoughts /adv/.

>>17224122
This is more your own bias speaking than it is a consideration of the evidence provided. Clearly people change physically as they leave high school which was my case.
>>
>>17224400
start taking those fucking drugs asshole.
oh yeah, and dont dump her. if you really are ugly you aint gonna get laid otherwise. if you arent ugly you can still fuck her. just because its illegal doesnt mean its something bad or wrong.
>>
Not masha in Penn is it?
>>
>>17224429
You are the funny guy around here, aren't you?

>>17224437
Uh, wut?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.