[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pic unrelated, but adorable. sup /adv/. I'm a woman suffering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1433181329691.jpg (115 KB, 540x721) Image search: [Google]
1433181329691.jpg
115 KB, 540x721
pic unrelated, but adorable.

sup /adv/. I'm a woman suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS) which, among other things, causes a MASSIVE increase in my testosterone levels, which has led to a ton of unwanted body and facial hair. I have to shave my face at least once a day, and I regularly come home from work with a bit of stubble having grown over the course of the day. It's humiliating and seriously affects my quality of life.

My question is, while I start the long, drawn out process of trying to get my insurance to cover the cost of laser hair removal, which I've heard is possible in rare cases when there is a medical condition involved(I'm an American with Untied Healthcare), are there other things I could do to remove/lessen the hair on my face that don't involve going to a salon and are more effective than shaving? It's humiliating enough for me that the idea of getting a salon facial wax is just... no. I just can't get the idea out of my head that they'd all have a secret laugh over the bearded lady freak. I'd MUCH prefer something I could use/do at home.

This is a pretty humiliating problem, and I've gotten pretty desperate for suggestions/solutions. There has to be something out there better than shaving that doesn't involve going out in public looking like a sideshow attraction. Thanks in advance, guys.
>>
Are you currently treating the PCOS itself? Usually that reduces your test levels and reduces your male-pattern hair grown in turn.
>>
>>17223762
Get a 10M solution of hydrochloric acid and apply generously to areas with unwanted facial hair. The solution is diluted enough to burn hair follicles but not skin. Trust me, after the first use it'll feel like there's nothing there.
>>
shaving is where it's at. you think most dudes you've ever met do it for fun? it's the best solution.
>I regularly come home from work with a bit of stubble having grown over the course of the day.
I don't know if and when and where you take lunch, but you might be able to shave then
>>
Don't body shame yourself. Women are allowed to grow beards and fart loudly, as well.
>>
>>17223775
Yeah, I'm treating the PCOS by taking birth control as suggested by my doctor, but the pill that was supposed to lessen hair even more raised my Potassium levels too high to continue taking.

>>17223785
I am wary of putting acid on my face, but I'll research it. Thanks!

>>17223789
I work at a wellness and recovery center for mental and behavioral health, and someone spending too much time in the bathroom is pretty much assumed to mean they're getting high/relapsing. Thanks, though! I might try this.
>>
File: kitten.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
kitten.gif
2 MB, 245x245
OP here. I'll be back to check for more replies in a bit. I'm having surgery tomorrow for, you guessed it, PCOS complications(dermoid cyst) and I have to take a shower with that medical soap stuff.

Thanks again, guys. Here, have a kitten.
>>
>>17223801
He's being a twat. Hydrochloric acid is one of the acids that people throw on women's faces in places like Pakistan, you know, revenge and honor-motivated attacks and so on.
>>
There at at home wax kits you can buy. Watch tutorials online and wax yourself in the privacy of your own home. Or tweeze the hairs if you have the patience
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.