[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creepy Neighbor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Funny (503).png (280 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
Funny (503).png
280 KB, 408x408
There is a family on my street that moved in about 2 years ago, a young couple in their late 20s, early 30s. Maybe a year ago the woman gave birth to a kid. Recently, however, she started visiting my mom which seems like a pretty mundane thing, but it got really creepy/weird really fast (I’m 18 btw).
I used to be annoyed by her because she’d always come over with her kid during dinner time, and being the lazy ass that I am, I didn’t want to put on a shirt or pants and go downstairs to get some food. Then one night when we were having dinner I heard a kid crying outside, so I went to go take a look and she was standing outside our house in the walkway. My mom told her she’d be out in a second to talk. Then garbage day comes. We have dinner like usual and what do you know, I hear crying outside again and there she is, standing there, in the same spot as last time. My mom goes outside and tells her she’s busy tonight and we continue eating dinner. After this, we prepped the garbage which takes about 5-10 minutes. I bring it outside and start rolling the can to the curb, then to my surprise, this woman is standing in our driveway/walkway with her kid. In that amount of time it took for us to get the garbage ready she should have continued whatever walk she was doing then went home or at least been further up the street. There is no reason as to why she should have stayed standing in front of our house.
This part has to be the creepiest. A few days ago, I had a buddy of mine over and we decided to order delivery. My mom was out with friends so it was just us. I saw the delivery guy drive up so I got the money ready, opened up the door, and to my shock, that woman and her kid were standing right outside in the same spot she always stands in. My mom was not home so there is no reason as to why she should have been standing out there. This was the moment I began to think her standing out there was creepy. (To be continued...)
>>
(Continued...) Then yesterday I decided to hang out with my dad and just as we left, she was standing outside in front of our house again, and as we drove off she stayed there, in the same spot where she always stands outside our house.
Idk what to say /adv/, she’s creepy yeah but should I worry about it? I feel as though she might be plotting something but idk. I tried telling my mom about her being creepy like this and she just blew it off saying that I just don’t like our neighbors, and clearly it’s more than that. What could she possibly want by standing out there?
>>
She's creepy, but you're not really asking why. And I think the why is because she's becoming dependent on your mom. She's also seemingly possessive and that's what she's doing by standing outside even though your mom clearly was busy. I think she's just staking out the place for your mom.

I say this from experience. I've never had creepy shit like that, but my mom befriends people and she likes to help, but they soon start to depend on my mom. It's like they're inept or see my mom as a beacon of light, and they always come by knocking and asking for my mom.

Have you mentioned this to your mom, OP?
>>
>>17223555
you're not 18 don't lie to us
get some pictures of her standing there
give us more information
>>
If she is hanging around your family this much, perhaps she is being abused and doesn't know how to talk about it? Maybe you could tactfully bring up the idea with your mother who could then try to broach the subject with your neighbour.

If it isn't an abuse victim, then I have no idea. She could be in some other sort of trouble, or it's really creepy.
>>
Ask her what? I'll try to get pics and more info as more encounters pop up. As far as I know she has a loving husband, he's a bit socially awkward and works at UCONN. It could be that she's lonely but idk.
>>
>Crying kid, outside at night
>"We're busy, go away"
>>
This is always around dinner time so like 5 or 6, occasionally earlier like at 1.
>>
>>17223612
why are you asking a cambodian upholstery knitting board about this situation? ask mommy and daddy. They'll know more about the situation than us.
>>
I'm a newfag to 4chan and this will probably be the only post I'll do on here. I already tried talking to my mom about it and she said it's just because I don't like my neighbors and my dad agrees that it's creepy. I'm just looking for outside advice.
>>
>>17223640
2v1, it's creepy. However, you need to know if there is a reason, or if she is just stalking your house.
>>
>>17223640

Okay cool. That answers none of the questions in the thread.
>>
I already answered the questions people have asked me, I'm just waiting to get pics for the anon that asked for them.
>>
Maybe she just likes to hang around your family
Or maybe it's paranormal
>>
Idk what it is, but all I know is that she has a good life at home from what I can tell, a healthy kid, and not much else to worry about. Your guess is as good as mine.
>>
She could have post natal depression and is thinking about giving up the kid.

Standing outside your house dissociates her from her own house. Chances are things aren't good at home.

Maybe she's waiting for a drug pickup and doesn't want others knowing where she lives.

What does she actually do when she's standing outside? Does she look in a particular direction or perform a certain action?

Maybe ask her if she is okay, and if you can help in some way. Let her know that if your Mom is not home she is welcome to come in and you can give the kid some stuff to play with.

You won't really know unless you get to know her.
>>
She's buying drugs from your mom.
>>
>>17223545
Call the cops, better do that than end up on the nightly news.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.