[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
becoming a normie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: dronning_margrethe.jpg (215 KB, 620x434) Image search: [Google]
dronning_margrethe.jpg
215 KB, 620x434
Hey /adv/
How do I become a normie?
>>
start believing in yourself. Take a risk. Not like some crazy ass shit, like extreme sports. But do something every day outside your comfort zone.

Just try and do something else outside of your room.
>>
>>17223433
Leave all of 4chan

Fix gaming problem
Do work
(You can take these fist two slow baby steps to stop addiction)
Make more friends
Get gf

Or Visit /fit/ and /pol/ until you manage to improve yourself enough to leave.
>>
>>17223436
>Just try and do something else outside of your room.
Thanks, I really should do that. Sometimes I'm just so nervous about going outside because I sometimes feel like everybody are looking at me and judging me
>>
>>1722343
This.
I've gotten ''addicted'' to 4chan lately. It's not long time ago I discovered 4chan so I'm here all the time now. I should do that less I just don't have anything else to do. Thanks anon
>>
>>17223433
>Make more friends
>Get gf

Some real detailed instructions there....

OP if you are 24+ you are fucked.
>>
>>17223439
>/pol/
the redpill is not worth it, if anything, you'll become the opposite of a normie

t. /pol/ack
>>
>>17223448
I'm 16.. I used to be a normie until I was 16 when i started getting ... a little crazy... And until now i've been a loner. But I decided that I'll try to become a normie again. It's a bit difficult because my view of the world is really bad but I will try to make myself believe in normie stuff
>>
>>17223440
Chances are they are looking at you to see if you are judging them.
>>
>>17223457
I mean i'm 19*
>>
>>17223457
>16

Piss off, you have at least 6 years to make a fool of yourself while growing as a person.
>>
>>17223456
Ohh hell yeah it sucks ass

It's definietly worth it unless you are the type pf person who is ok with his life being a simulation or something and would rather live in fantasy land

At first ..yeah... eventually you can just brush ti off and act normal.
>>
>>17223467
It was a typo i'm 19
>>
>>17223476
I feel weird about my life being a simulation and that everything is illusion
>>
>>17223490
Well I was kind of projecting/exagerating a bit there...
But then yeah go for it
Just don't be an Idiot and say the shit you learn their in public
Also yeah Hitler was not that bad but he was a faggot because he would have killed Putin for being a slav also should have forced Jews to convert instead of just killing those born a Jew
Still though a Million times better than anything we have now.
>>
>>17223490
He didn't mean it in the philosophical sense
>>
>>17223504
Don't listen to a /pol/tard.

Retard started talking about hitler in a few posts.
>>
>>17223504
>>17223490
Oh This was me OP who wrote it . I'm not very /pol/ack
sorry
>>
>>17223519
Then just /fit/
>>
the fuck is a normie? seriously, it is a refrence to the average person? the plebs? who wants to be a normie is thats the case, most people are stupid and boring. real talk, yo.
>>
>>17223622
Normie = Normal Sane Person who
true man
>>
Stopping the use of the word normie is step 1.
>>
>>17223654
B-but it's a good word :(
>>
>>17223658
Even etymologically it's a dumb word.

Wat do you think makes a normie? What do you think you do that seperates yourself from the majority? What makes you so special?
>>
>>17223433
You make a endless string of shitposts about how your life is going and insist that everyone who's doing better are the REAL normies.
>>
>>17223636
No, that's NORP. Normie is someone who basically insists on treating all of the internet like facebook.
>>
>>17223678
I already explained both things in this thread. Why are you implying that i'm special?
>>17223680
say wot . rude
>>
>>17223678
>What makes you so special?

Lack of anything that resembles a social life or friends.
>>
>>17223699
>>
>>17223693
I think you're the opposite of special. I think you're exactly the same as all the other boring losers. But the way that you refer to adjusted, happy people as a group that excludes yourself is a clear indicator that you think there are something different between you and everyone else. You frogs talk like no one else experiences social anxiety, or has trouble talking to women, or just surfs the interest or plays video games or watches anime. You're the normie, there's nothing special or unique at all about you.

>>17223699
Are you so dense to think that you are singular in that circumstance? Even if you only stay on the Internet, there are millions of people who complain about that same problem. If anything, it makes you more normal to be socially retarded.
>>
>>17223732
>>17223699
This wasn't me who wrote that
>>17223732
>>
>>17223739
That's why I responded to both.
>>
File: tumblr_mgd38vW4Sj1s2jpqco1_500.png (250 KB, 455x265) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgd38vW4Sj1s2jpqco1_500.png
250 KB, 455x265
>>17223743
Well Thank You for telling me your opinion that no one asked for.
I have another opinion, I think we are all special.
We are all unique like snowflakes.
There are not two persons who are the same.
>>
>>17223757
You made this thread on an anonymous advice board so you did ask for it fucktard. Explain to me how there is even such a thing as a normie if you think that everyone is special and unique
>>
>>17223760
I already explained
>>
>>17223636
>>17223760
Can you read?
>>
>>17223732
>If anything, it makes you more normal to be socially retarded.

I think you've been spending way too much time on the internet and believing the hyperbole of certain groups of people.

Anons here, really are at the bottom rung of the social ladder.
>>
>>17223771
I don't think you understand
When people say normie they don't mean it as something bad? It's not meant to offend you but I guess Americans are really easily offended and take things to the heart
Why would i mean it badly when I say ''How I can become a normie''? Idiot
>>
>>17223771
>Anons here, really are at the bottom rung of the social ladder.

t. anon
>>
>>17223433
There's a common misconception that normies are about conformity: changing who you are to be the same as others. But if you observe how normies behave, it quickly becomes clear that this isn't so.

Normies aren't about being: they're about relating. If you can understand them, and get them to understand you, they will accept you as one of their own, no matter how weird you might otherwise be. You might get called eccentric, but you will be accepted.

There was a time when being understood was the hard part, but that has changed. Oddly enough, salvation came in the form of mass media. Star Wars and Star Trek, Naruto and Ghost in the Shell, Harry Potter and Game of Thrones... these made many geeky interests accessible and understandable. And with that came an acceptance that has done more for the quality of life of geeks than decades of social movements. And why not? The movements tried to get normies to accept what they couldn't relate to; the media just made it relatable.

But there are two catches. One is that relating is a two-way street. It's not enough to get them to understand you: you have to understand. Luckily, this doesn't have to be complete: if you know some normie topic is going to be relevant to where you're going, an hour on Wikipedia and related links is often enough to get a basic understanding. Enough to fake your way through a conversation without sounding totally clueless, anyway, and that's enough.

The second catch is that there is one way to screw this up: refusing to relate. It might be expected that refusing to relate to normies would cause them to respond in kind: how could they not? But in this day and age, refusing to relate to ANY group will trigger it from the normies. It's almost like a kind of white knighting, but it is what it is. The only exceptions are other people who themselves refuse to relate to some other group: pedophiles, Nazis, redpillers, and so on. Be willing to relate to anyone else, and you will be fine.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.